Program corrupt

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by brodsky, Mar 24, 2006.

1. brodsky

brodsky

Hi,

I was working on a site yesterday using Toolkit. There was no problems and I opened the Diagnostics utility as well.
    I closed C-gate to be able to connect the Diagnostic utlity to the network and all worked well.

The problem started when I then disconnected and closed Diagnostic as well as Toolkit. When I opened Toolkit again, tried to open specific program and scan, it gave me this unexpected error message:
    Exception 'Exception' in module CbusToolkit1_2.exe at 000D9A07
    Attribute "FIRMWAREVERSION" not found
    Module:CIS_XMLLoader, Source:CIS_XMLLoader.pas, Line 747
    Procedure: TFlashCachedObject.AttributeValue

It happens only to this specific project and not to any of the others. When I close the message window and try to scan the project, it only scans a few units before it repeats this message and then Toolkit hangs.

Also when I click on "Edit Network" icon, it shows me the message again.

I tried uninstalling & re-installing Toolkit and JRE several times, but it does not rectify problem.

It only started happening after I closed C-gate while Toolkit was still open. Could that be the problem and is there any way to easily "save" my project?

Thanks
    Brodsky

brodsky, Mar 24, 2006
  2. brodsky

Duncan

Brodsky,

I'm unsure what the problem is.. a check of our defect database suggests this hasn't been reported before.. can you email me your project file? my email address is [email protected] I'll have a look, if I can I'll fix it the project and get it back to you.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2006
    Duncan, Mar 24, 2006
  3. brodsky

brodsky

Hi Duncan,

Thanks. It's on its way to you.

Regards
    :cool:

brodsky, Mar 24, 2006
  4. brodsky

Duncan

Received, analysed, fixed.. email on its way back to you. Thanks.. nasty little defect that one.. curious to find out how it happened.

Duncan, Mar 24, 2006
  5. brodsky

Richo

How did you close C-Gate? Possibly the project got corrupted if it was trying to save as you closed C-Gate?

Richo, Mar 25, 2006
  6. brodsky

brodsky

Hi Richo,

I just right-clicked on Cgate and closed prior to opening diagnostic utility.
    At that stage nothing was saving, as I recall.

It seems ok now after Duncan got hold of it. Will check it on-site when hooked up to network again.

Cheers
    Brodsky

brodsky, Mar 28, 2006
Ask a Question