Problems logging into Telephone interface.

Discussion in 'Telephone Interface (CBTI) and TICA' started by Woody, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Woody

Woody

Hi all,
    Just having trouble dialing into phone interface from a remote location, to program network using toolkit. I'm using TICA 3.0 & Toolkit 1.7.2.
    I can phone in using a handset and work my way around the site no problems so I haven't a problem at the network end.
    The User is setup as a super user.

At the remote end where I'm dialing from I have been using the same Phone outlet and cable.
    I can connect to my ISP using my notebook modem.
    But when dialing in through toolkit, the notebook dials & the interface picks up the line. All I can hear is the interface message & the notebook beeping trying to connect, after a while the interface times out & cuts off the connection.

I have tried through 2 x notebooks & 1 x PC with no luck from any of them.

Recently I have been able to get a connection 1 in 20 or so times tried. Once handshake has taken place I could stay connected as long as needed with no transfer issues. But if I disconnected & waited a minute or two & tried to reconnect I'm back to square one.

Any help greatly appreciated as this job is very large & programing from site would be very time consuming.

Cheers

Woody, Oct 26, 2007
  2. Woody

Richo

Richo, Oct 27, 2007
Ask a Question