old old .cb2 project

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by nella, Oct 30, 2010.

1. nella

nella

Is there a way to restore a .cb2 project to Toolkit.
    My client has emailed me the .cb2 file.
    I am after the original text decriptions of groups rather than the hexadecimal address created when I scanned the network recently.
    I do not have access to the site PC.
    Any helpers?

nella, Oct 30, 2010
  2. nella

tobex

Depending on how old it is ... that may be the only information available. The very early versions were only in HEX and not in names. Output names were introduced some time around 1999.

You might consider asking the client to ZIP the entire folder of the application and see if that helps. Or enter the site with Teamviewer software and look remotely.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2010
    tobex, Oct 31, 2010
  3. nella

Newman

In more recent versions of Toolkit the ability to import a C-Bus V2 tag file was dropped. It was getting hard to maintain as Toolkit needed to keep evolving and the feature was being used less and less.

All is not lost however. You can install an older version of Toolkit, e.g. 1.8, and import the V2 tag file. Then, install the latest Toolkit. The first time you select the Project in Toolkit it will ask you if you want to upgrade it, which you do.

This should give you the latest Toolkit with the tags from the old V2 tag file.

Newman, Nov 2, 2010
Ask a Question