Newbie Questions

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by DJC, Aug 3, 2004.

1. DJC

JohnC

After studying my usage patterns for the past few days, it seems that I almost certainly need the fan and the reading light to be switched on at the same time.

This might be easiest performed using a movement detector

:D

JohnC, Aug 24, 2007
  2. DJC

Darpa

You dirty, dirty-minded man John :eek:

Darpa, Aug 24, 2007
  3. DJC

Lucky555

I have a very practical solution for the bathroom.

First in the wee hours of the night a movement sensor in the bedroom hallway turns the light on to different levels based on how late it is.
    Sunset to 9.30pm = hallway @ 25%
    9.30pm to sunrise = hallway and bathroom @ 18% (doesn't sound much different in the dim levels, but trust me the light level is very different.)

I have a two heat, light, fan unit (IXLtastic) the centre light is dimmed. Whenever this light is turned on at any level a timer starts in the PAC and I shut it down at 30 minutes - (this way I can have it as a dimmer and a timer). The fan is on a 6 minute key input timer. This is simple and effective. You turn the switch on when you want / need it and 6 minutes later you have a remider to get out of the shower and go to work.

Simple, functional and it works...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2007
    Lucky555, Aug 24, 2007
Ask a Question