Newb seeking assistance Scene not working...

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by michaelbl01, Jun 1, 2016.

1. michaelbl01

michaelbl01

Hi - This is my first post on the forums, I've tried to find relevant info & answers to my issue but so far haven't been successful. So apologies if this is a well-worn topic...

Little background - I am _very_ new to C-Bus, having recently "inherited" (i.e. I volunteered to work on it as the resident "computer guy"...) a system that has been in place for about 6 years, that has been worked on by multiple individuals, and that has degraded to a point where a lot of what was originally set up no longer functions as it should. Basically, I've got a mess to sort out. :)

I've read up on as much of the C-Bus introductory documentation, training materials, and tutorials as I can given the short time I've been working with/on the system. And I've successfully connected to the physical C-Bus network and poked around, learning the layout & architecture of the system. But I'm still woefully ignorant of a lot of what's going on and how things are put together & (supposed to) work. So apologies in advance if I'm not able to quickly & accurately answer questions about the setup/network/projects.

I've got a ton of issues to sort out eventually, but here's the problem that is vexing me at the moment and that I need to get solved immediately. I am working on a couple of Scenes that have been created in an existing C-Bus project. They are mapped to buttons in a C-Touch touch panel, and they just toggle several lights on & off throughout the building at varying levels. The buttons seem to work fine, the lights & groups included toggle on/off - but the levels defined in the Scenes are not applied, rather all of the included groups in the Scene toggle on at 100% and do not dim. I can manually toggle individual groups (thru C-Bus Toolkit) at the desired levels, but the levels defined in the Scenes are not applied.

I need to know if this is something commonly encountered, if I'm likely just missing something in the project or setup; or if there's more likely something going on in the network that I need to diagnose & troubleshoot. Would appreciate any feedback or suggestions. Thanks!

michaelbl01, Jun 1, 2016
  2. michaelbl01

Wonkey

It sound to me as if the programmer has used the wrong command to trigger the scenes.
    Within PICED (the software used to program the C-Touch) you have a choice of trigerring a scene, hence it does exactly as programmed, not toggle between 2 states only do to the levels as defined.
    Or turn a scene On /Off which sets the groups to 100% or 0% which is what you decribed. there are other options but I just wanted to highlight the most common way of activating a scene and what I presume has been programmed from the description provided.

To solve this issue you will require the orignal C-touch project and a PICED software.
    There are many different types of C-touch the majority can have the project recovered from them, get a copy of the software have a look at the help file.

Wonkey, Jun 2, 2016
Ask a Question