New to the Wiser product an require information

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 2 Controller' started by Definitivedome, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Definitivedome

Definitivedome

I have a DIN Clipsal Version 2 setup, with DLT and Saturn switches. Also a 5000CT ( non Logic ). I would like to update so as to provide further logic capabilities and Remote access.

I have been offered a 5080CTC touchpanel believe to be without logic engine.

If I have a cbus pascal automation controller would this resolve my question or should I look at the Clipsal Wiser 2 SHAC Smart Home Automation Controller for C-Bus 5500SHAC with a Clipsal Ethernet Touch Panel 10in suits SHAC & NAC 5000ETP10W. or just a standard tablet with wiser app?
    your comments would be much appreciated.

Definitivedome, Jan 20, 2022
  2. Definitivedome

Trevor

Hi Def,
    If you have a 5080CTC it will have a logic engine, it needs to be a CTC1, 2, or 3 version

If you decide not to use the 5080 colour touch screen let me know, I'd like to purchase it, at the right price, for spare parts.

Arbor Australia designed and manufactured these for Clipsal and we still provide a repair service, but some parts are hard to come by.

regards
    Trevor Callgahan
    Arbor Australia
    0404 887 463

Trevor, Jan 21, 2022
  3. Definitivedome

Ashley

Trevor is correct. The 5080CTC only came with the logic engine. The newer 5080CT2 and 5080CTL2 gave you the option (the L is the one with the logic engine). The logic engines are the same as in the PAC but with a bit more processing power.

However, neither option will give you remote access ability. For that you need a Wiser or SHAC.
    Notwithstanding that though, the touch screen has a much more powerful gui than the WIser or SHAC in terms of flexibility, so if you can get one at a reasonable price it's still a worthwhile investment.

Ashley, Jan 21, 2022
Ask a Question