New Software with Cgate

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Frank Mc Alinden, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Frank Mc Alinden

Frank Mc Alinden

Hi Guys
    I have just downloaded the new software but i notice theres a warning not to use id using cgate....Im using cgate on my pc as an interface to my xPL Software ,surely its safe if i close cgate and have a play with the new software ?????

Frank

Frank Mc Alinden, Nov 2, 2004
  2. Frank Mc Alinden

Richo

The Toolkit software installs an updated version of CGate and a later version of Java so you may experience difficulties. We have NOT tested a combined install of Cgate2 and CGate 1.5 using the new java on all combinations of Windows OSes....so basically it may work or it may NOT work.

We take no responsability for your existing CGate 1.5 installation if yiou install Toolkit. However, we plan on more extenisvely testing this senerio in the future.

Also the plan is that CGate 2 will be 100% compatiable with applications built for CGate 1.5 so you will not need both versions of CGate in the future. However as CGate2 is still beta it should not be used in a commercial installation.

Richo, Nov 2, 2004
  3. Frank Mc Alinden

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Just a little note ... CGate 2 is installed by default to a different directory from Cgate 1.5, so installing Toolkit shouldn't touch any 1.5 files. However - as Richo said all the scenarios haven't been tested, so you should obviously back up all your 1.5 projects.

daniel, Nov 2, 2004
  4. Frank Mc Alinden

Frank Mc Alinden

Thanks Guys
    Think i will play it safe and wait till thenew version of cgate is ready......

Frank

Frank Mc Alinden, Nov 3, 2004
Ask a Question