New c-gate commands?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by p3mek, Oct 24, 2005.

1. p3mek

p3mek

Hi CIS

I just realised that the new version of c-gate no longer accepts older strings passed to it.
    For example, when I use "get 254/56/* level", C-Gate doesn't play fair and fails to return the levels.

Does anyone have a list/specs of the new formatting of the string I pass into C-Gate?

Thanks

p3mek, Oct 24, 2005
  2. p3mek

Richo

Existing c-gate commands should work. Can you send all the commands you send and responses you receive from cgate so I can see what is happening?

Richo, Oct 24, 2005
  3. p3mek

p3mek

Hi Richo

Before, when I connected to c-gate through telnet and queried the network using the ?get? command (get 254/56/* level), I had no issue. Now, since updating to the new c-gate (version 2.?.?) I get an Invalid group, I have tried many group addresses and get the same problem.

Initially, I was getting the ?permission denied? error in the c-gate dos window on the computer running c-gate. I have since, eliminated this by adding the IP address of the computer I need to use c-gate from.

Has the string formatting changed, or what am I doing wrong?

I forgot to mention, I am connecting to cgate from a remote computer using telnet. The connection is fine, the commands are the problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2005
    p3mek, Oct 24, 2005
  4. p3mek

Richo

Richo, Oct 25, 2005
  5. p3mek

p3mek

excellent, thanks for your help

p3mek, Oct 27, 2005
Ask a Question