network state = new?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Viktor, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Viktor

Viktor

I'm working with C-Gate ver. 1.5
    When I'm reading network state by command "get 1 state", I'm receiving answer "state = new".
    Can somebody explain to me what does it mean, and what I should do to make network state "OK"?

Network was configured on another PC using last version of C-Bus Toolkit.

Viktor, Apr 13, 2006
  2. Viktor

Phil.H

C-Gate v1.x requires a network.txt file to tell it what the structure (topology) is for the network(s) it is connected to.

Toolkit configures C-Gate v2 in a completely different manner (project .xml in tag dir). Toollit also starts with network 254 and works back.

The C-Gate request in your post queries network '1'.

Dig out the C-Gate user manual in the C-Gate documentation folder. It explains the config and network .txt files well. Its pretty easy when you're pointed in the right direction.

Phil.H, Apr 13, 2006
  3. Viktor

Darren Senior Member

"new" means that the network has not been opened or synchronised. If it stays in this state, it probably means that C-Gate can't open a connection to the network. Check your serial ports and the config file (as suggested by Phil).

Check to see whether ToolKit can open the networks.

You could also enable the C-Gate log and see what messages are there. It may give you some clues.

Darren, Apr 14, 2006
  4. Viktor

Viktor

There was state "new" also when I connected throw C-Gate 2.3, so it's not because of connection problem.

After all, it seems like I found solution... When connected throw C-Gate 2.3 I've sent command "net syncnew 254", than network state changed to "sync" and after a dozen of minutes - to "ok".
    Then, when I've connected throw C-Gate 1.5, network state was still "ok", so my program can work as usual. :)

Viktor, Apr 17, 2006
Ask a Question