Neo and E5031 working together

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by NickLocke, Feb 27, 2006.

1. NickLocke

NickLocke

I have two bedside lights, each controlled by a channel on the Neo - simple on/off, works like a dream. Also have a 5031 elsewhere in the room which is configured to do on/off for both bedside lights. This works well.... provided both lights are either on or off when the 5031 is used.

If one is off and the other is on, then using the 5031 toggles the on/off state of both - so you always end up with one on and the other off.

What I actually want is for the 5031 to put both lights on when switched to on, and turn them both off when switched off (in other words, not to care whether either light is actually on or off to start with). It must also be possible to switch the lights on and off (separately) from the Neo.

I'm sure there is some simple magic to be done here, but I can't fathom it out!

Thoughts welcome. Thanks,

Nick

NickLocke, Feb 27, 2006
  2. NickLocke

NickD Moderator

Since you only have a single key.. you can do this using the short press and long press functions on your KEY1...

On the KEY1, go to the Blocks tab in Toolkit, and set Block1 to control the group of one bedside light, and set Block2 to control the other.

On the same tab, set the "Keys Using Block" tick boxes so that both blocks are controlled by Key1 only.

Go to the key functions tab and for Key 1, set the functions to :

Short Press : Idle
    Short Release : On Key
    Long Press : Off Key
    Long Release : Idle

This will make both lights come on on a short press (actually on the short release, but you won't notice the difference), and both lights go off on a long press.

Unfortunately however the indicator on the KEY1 will only follow one of the groups.

Hope this helps.

Nick

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2006
    NickD, Feb 28, 2006
Ask a Question