Need help with Toolkit & PICED issues

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by brodsky, Nov 3, 2005.

1. brodsky

brodsky

I recently loaded Toolkit 1.1.7 and PICED on my new desktop at home. In the meantime I've updated Toolkit to 1.1.9 and PICED to 3.2.0 (the latest).
    A problem now occurs when I try to open Toolkit or PICED. It seems to complain about C-gate. I have set my firewalls to allow C-gate to operate, seeing that it was apparently one of the errors.
    PICED suddenly complains about the version of C-gate.
    See the attached error messages.
    All these software versions run flawlessly on my laptop.

Another question: Where does Toolkit store the project files? :confused:
    Is it possible to copy it directly, or do I have to export to V2 first?

Please help

Attached Files:

brodsky, Nov 3, 2005
  2. brodsky

JohnC

Toolkit stores the Project files under Clipsal\Cgate2\tag - they are in *.xml format
    - You should have known that - it's completely and utterly logical, eh?

I guess they are stored there so that all the other software that uses cgate can find them easily.

Anyway, I'll let the other guys help with the cgate problem

JohnC, Nov 3, 2005
  3. brodsky

Richo

It certainly appears to be blocked by a firewall. Do you have more than one firewall installed? Have you tried turning your firewalls off to see if that works. Tech Support can walk you through addressing this over the phone if necessary.

I doesn't complain about the version, it merely questions whether cgate was installed as it couldn't connect to it.

Projects are stored in the c:\clipsal\c-gate2\tag directory. however there are backup and restore functions in Toolkits file menu to simplify the backup process.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2005
    Richo, Nov 3, 2005
  4. brodsky

JohnC

Actually, I had the same problems with cgate not starting. Try this :

Close Toolkit and all other Clipsal stuff, then from Start Menu choose Clipsal > Cgate2 > Console Version of Cgate

Then run Toolkit - does it work OK now ?

If so, it's the same problem that I had. http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1105 CIS wouldn't believe that the problem existed, so I worked around it by creating a separate icon to start cgate.

Wierdly, it fixed itself the other day. First I installed the latest Java Update (there was a Windows XP update message or something). Then I installed Toolkit 1.18 over the top of 1.1.6 to fix another issue. After those 2 things happened, I noticed that cgate starts automatically now, but have no way to determine how I fixed it.

Cheers, John

JohnC, Nov 3, 2005
  5. brodsky

Richo

I think the problem is unrelated as the screen shots clearly show c-gate is running. In relation to your problem we are aware of isolated incidents of this occuring which we believe to be realted to permission levels of the user on the PC and the installer not able to set certain registry keys. We are working on a solution. Interesting that you thought we didn't believe you.

Richo, Nov 3, 2005
Ask a Question