Need Help DALI Reconfiguration

Discussion in 'DALI Software' started by herohenson, Mar 12, 2020.

1. herohenson

herohenson

Good Day,
    Quite newbie here, I need your guidance and assistance for what im working about DALI sytem. This Building im currently working are having lot of voltage surges and fluctuation so most of the ballast got damaged, we replaced it with new compatible DALI ballast but the problem is it wont interact with the sensors installed on the ceiling. what i have now is the toolkit software from clipsal webpage which I downloaded and managed to connect it using my generic usb-serial cable to the cbus panel. i only see what is connected from cbus toolkit, what do i need to make the newly replaced light ballast to work on sensors.
    here's whats in the panel:
    ALL IN CLIPSAL
    CBUS 5500PC RS232 INTERFACE
    CBUS 5500PS POWERSUPPLY
    CBUS 5502DAL GATEWAY
    DCDALCIP250-2 DALICONTROL
    CBUS L5512 RVF VOLTAGE FREE RELAY
    CBUS SHUTTER RELAY

herohenson, Mar 12, 2020
  2. herohenson

Shiney2512

have you programmed each Dali Ballast into their respective cbus groups?

you’ll need a Dali interface to program each ballast into a Dali group on the Dali network, and then setup the c-bus Dali gateway to control these groups

Shiney2512, Mar 12, 2020
  3. herohenson

herohenson

Can you give me any sample for this DALI interface, i bought DCCBKIT6 Programming cable but its not working

herohenson, Mar 12, 2020
  4. herohenson

Shiney2512

Shiney2512, Mar 13, 2020
  5. herohenson

herohenson

i tried the simplewizard and dbmwizard with programming cable but im unsuccessful, it showed "NO DALI CONTROL INTERFACE FOUND"

there is also another CBUS device connected to the system
    CBUS 5500CN NETWORK INTERFACE with ethernet slot

herohenson, Mar 13, 2020
  6. herohenson

Matthew

Hi herohenson
    If you can scan the DALi network you may be able to work out the DALi groups and reprogram the same so you don't have to do any C-Bus programming.
    While I use those Clipsal DALi power supplies, I've not used the Clipsal programming cable or software.
    Either Diginet or Creative lighting have excellent DALi programing interfaces & software

Matthew, Mar 25, 2020
  7. herohenson

herohenson

I cant scan the network, i dunno what im lacking.

herohenson, Mar 25, 2020
  8. herohenson

Matthew

Maybe a decent DALi interface & software, the brands I suggested have embedded links to detail.
    Where are you located?
    Happy to help you out if you're in Adelaide.

Matthew, Mar 25, 2020
  9. herohenson

Shiney2512

Have you checked the Dali line voltages? - should be around 15vdc, can you turn on/off the light using the power supply?

also I read here you can only scan one line at a time with the Clipsal interface unless you have two cables - this is only what I’ve read - I’ve never tried it before

https://www.cbusforums.com/threads/commissioning-via-dcdalcip250-2.9170/

just remember- Dali and c-bus are two different systems with the Dali gateway linking them up - once you can get the Dali side working then try the cbus side working

Shiney2512, Mar 25, 2020
  10. herohenson

cramer

Hi,

Could be a couple of problems, firstly double check with Clipsal Support that you have the latest drivers for the DCCABKIT6. Ensure you can see the connection correctly installed in you PCs device manager.

Next ensure you have the DCCABKIT6 plugged into the "A" port if you're using DALI Simple Wizard. The 2 cables solution is only if you are wanting to connect to line B when using the licensed DCBM Wizard software which I dont believe you have.

Lastly try forcing the DCDALCIP250-2 into whats known as DALI Mode 3. Normally the Simple Wizard should manage this but sometimes it hiccups. Do this by pressing and holding the "On A" local toggle of the power supply and quick pressing the "Test B" local toggle. The units line A indicator should flash 3 times quickly to confirm this.

Hope that helps.

cramer, Apr 2, 2020
Ask a Question