Commissioning via DCDALCIP250-2

Discussion in 'DALI Software' started by djb383, Mar 14, 2018.

1. djb383

djb383

I am connecting to the DCDALCIP250-2 using the DCCABKIT6 programming cable. I am then using the Dali configuration wizard software to address the devices on the network.

This only gives me access to the devices on the Dali A network.
    Is there any way to access the Dali B network for configuration without having to rewire it to the A port?
    Plugging the programming cable into the B port results in a failure to connect.

The Simple Wizard works OK but doesn't give me the same flexibility with addressing options to keep things nice and logical.

Also, am I correct in assuming that Dali Buildings does not work via USB and the DCCABKIT6 programming cable?

djb383, Mar 14, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. djb383

wilma288

Hi When Programming via the DCCABKIT6 Cable from memeory leave it plugged into port A, dont plug it in to port B.
    With the programing cable plugged into Port A select Line B in the Simple Dali Wizard and it will find all the devices on Line B

DALI Buildng does not work via USB and you will also need an installer dongle from memory

wilma288, Mar 14, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. djb383

djb383

Thanks. Yes, Simple Wizard is working fine. Leaving it connected just to line A does indeed find devices on line B.
    However the Simple wizard won't let me assign specific addresses to particular Dali devices though.

I do have an installer dongle and I am trying to use the "Dali Configuration Wizard" aka "DCBM Wizard." It works with the USB programming cable but will only find devices on the A network. If I connect the programming cable to the B network it says "Failed to connect." So at the moment, if I want to assign a specific address to a device on the B network, I have to move the Dali wiring over to the A network where the DCBM Wizard can see it.

Is there a way to get the DCBM Wizard to see the B network? Or, is there another piece of software that will let me use the USB programming cable via the DCDALCIP250-2 to configure both A and B networks with specifically allocated addresses?

Cheers.

djb383, Mar 15, 2018
  4. djb383

wilma288

From what I recall if all you reset all you devices to default and start from scratch the wizard lets you address the fittings individually by a process of elimination using simple yes no answers.

In the past I had a site which I had to default and then plug each fitting in one at a time and rescan to achieve this, fortunately these were plug in fittings and exposed cable tray.

No sure about the DCBM as I think that more in conjunction with the building controllers and connecting vi IP

Cheers

wilma288, Mar 15, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question