My Computer is from Venus! I'm sure of it!

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Andrew, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Andrew

Andrew

I have a problem. First some history. I have just upgraded my PC (lap top) to a new VAIO running XP which is great. I have been using most of the C-Bus software on my old PC (lap top) Compaq running Win95 with very few problems. Yes? that?s right? Windows 95. It takes me a while to catch up! I decided to upgrade because I didn?t have a USB port amongst other things and the B.C. jokes from my customers were wearing thin. Anywho, I had been experiencing some interesting and some, what I would call, teething problems with the new machine in terms of it just deciding that it didn?t want to be operating any more when downloading a network. I have been in discussions with the 1300 # tech support wiz people whom I might add are fantastic and very patient with me. We think we have solved that problem and some other user related issues. But, now that I have a USB port, I have used the IR Reader for the first time and it worked like a charm. But now I can?t open any of the Clipsal software except for the IR reader. I have tried to reload the software. I have tried to delete the software and reload it again. I have tried talking nicely to it and I have tried yelling at it, both of which have just caused some concern amongst my office staff but have not resolved my issue. I am now in the process of downloading XP updates to see if there is anything there that may cause these issues and am considering removing all Clipsal software and reloading it all from scratch to see if that helps. I am also considering removing Virus software and some other useless bits and pieces on the machine to see if there are any conflicts. In relation to information that the PC gives me, there is none. No pop up?s or ?!? come up to tell me anything. It just thinks for a few seconds and then pretends that nothing has happened. I?m starting to think that it?s ignoring me! IT?S PLAYING WITH MY MIND!!! I have not had a smooth run with this machine yet and am yet to complete a project with it because of all the quirky things it has done. It?s very frustrating. Does anyone have any ideas to help me out over the weekend. If you could keep the language simple it will be appreciated. Thanks. :confused:

Andrew, Apr 16, 2005
  2. Andrew

Phil.H

New Pc

Make sure you have completed a full install of the software.

At this stage of the game it is probably worth while installing toolkit 1.1.6 and the associated Piced app.

Have a look here. Toolkit 1.1.6 download

Phil.H, Apr 16, 2005
  3. Andrew

Andrew

Thanks. I'll see how it goes.

Andrew, Apr 16, 2005
Ask a Question