Multiple Project Backup/Restore?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by jay, Feb 16, 2006.

1. jay

jay

Is there a way to backup & restore multiple projects at once? I can't find any way so I assume there is not: can it be added in a future realease? Multiple backups would be with the default file name, we would just need to define backup directory.
    Can we make this so?

jay, Feb 16, 2006
  2. jay

Richo

You can either backup an individual project (as you already know) or *every* project.

To backup every project select "File|Backup Local Project Repository" in the Toolkit menus.

This creates a .CBZ file which is a single archive of all the project. This operation can only be performed on the locally installed C-Gate.

Richo, Feb 16, 2006
  3. jay

jay

i understand the local repository backup proceedure but we have a need to to restore multiple projects on another pc/laptop than what they were created on.
    We normally backup an individual project to a common folder & when needed we restore from the common folder into different toolkit. We typically need to do this to 6-12 projects at a time - would be nice to mulitple select projects to backup/restore at once without doing the whole repository.
    Cheers

jay, Feb 16, 2006
  4. jay

Richo

Hi Jay,

Sorry, I did understand that this is what you wanted. I guess I was confirming that this wasn't possible ... but I wasn't being very clear about it.

I have added this feature request to the issue traking database item #7842.

Richo, Feb 16, 2006
Ask a Question