MRA Amplifiers show 'Burden Active'

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Duke D, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Duke D

Duke D

I have a large job which had some of its Saturn keypads malfunctioning with what seems to be communications errors. The network also has DLTs which seemed to be OK. The Saturn keypads were showing 'communications error' when you press any button - The red and blue LEDs flash alternately on the button which was pressed, and only the 'short press' action occurs. (i.e. a dimmer starts to ramp up, but doesn't stop when you release the button) The LED flashes for exactly 60 seconds. If the circuit/GA happens to also be on another keypad, and that keypad cycles the GA after the error occurs, the error on the Saturn goes away (LED stops flashing).

I tracked this down to excess burden on the network. There was a hardware burden installed in one of the output units, and removing it corrected the communication error. I then discovered that of the 8 MRA remote amplifiers on the network, 4 of them show 'Burden Active' in the Status tab. Since there's no function in the Amplifier GUI to turn on/off a software burden, how could these be 'ON'? Is there a hardware feature on the Amps which can activate a burden or some other automatic burden function?

I've left the job with these 4 burdens 'on' since I don't know how to turn them off, and the system is working fine. Are these burdens doing anything at all...?

Appreciate any thoughts on this.

Thanks,
    -Duke

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2010
    Duke D, Feb 22, 2010
  2. Duke D

Newman

It definitely sounds like the burdens are working. With 4 burdens, it'll definitely be marginal in communication and the 5th burden just pushed your network over the edge.

Your issue with having burdens turned on, where you can't turn them off, is in our system and we'll look into it.

Newman, Feb 22, 2010
  3. Duke D

TheDuck

Sorted

It Looks like Toolkit V1.11.2 exposes this parameter allowing the software burden to be selected as required. Thanks :)

TheDuck, Nov 1, 2010
Ask a Question