Motion sensor "occupancy" demystified

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by ievolve, Feb 6, 2013.

1. ievolve

ievolve

Hi All,

I am trying to understand the difference on the occupancy tab of my occupancy sensor when it says "Occupancy enable/disable" and the use of virtual keys when tied to "Any Motion"

Seem like these 2 things do the same thing, are there differences? Photo is attached with the items highlighted.

Thanks,
    Anthony

Attached Files:

ievolve, Feb 6, 2013
  2. ievolve

Roosta

Straight from the help menu:

Occupancy enable/disable section
    The Occupancy Enable/Disable section allows you to configure that occupancy sensor portion of the C-Bus sensor to remain:
    active until disabled, or
    inactive until enabled

IE turn the sensing capabilities of the sensor on and off via group address..

Any motion check box
    The Any Motion (AM) mode provides the ability to trigger when any motion occurs. Passive infra red Occupancy Detector units also have a security feature which sends a short pulse intended to drive a buzzer or light to indicate movement at any time, irrespective of the light threshold.

I believe this works in inconjunction with the Enable/disable functionality..

IE If the sensor is disabled via 'occupancy enable/disable' the Any Motion function wont operate, until the sensor is enabled..

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2013
    Roosta, Feb 6, 2013
  3. ievolve

ievolve

@roosta, thanks for the clarification :)

ievolve, Feb 6, 2013
Ask a Question