Manuals and Help Files

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by curlyted, Aug 12, 2004.

1. curlyted

curlyted

Apart from the the HELP screens already avaliable when using C-Bus V2.0 Installation Software is there any other places (websites, PDF's FAQ's) that will explain the functionality of the software, in layman's terms?

I am trying very hard to understand how to change the settings and expand what my system can do but I find the help sections very limiting (Sorry Duncan!) as they seem to explain the function but not what it will do (if that makes sense)

I don't mind changing settings on my system but I am worried I could stuff the network up.

Is it worth enrolling in the C-Bus training course or is this more aimed at installers?

cheers in advance.

Curlyted :confused:

curlyted, Aug 12, 2004
  2. curlyted

Tonyo

Help

I haven't found much around, but I have experimented a bit with various setting. I am sure others here have done even more. Perhaps we can help if you ask a specific question. That's what nice about these sort of forums
    Tony :)

Tonyo, Aug 12, 2004
  3. curlyted

Duncan

Curlyted,

Have you created a Database of your Network so that if you do stuff it up you can download your database over the top of everything in order to restore it?

Duncan, Aug 12, 2004
  4. curlyted

Dave Byron

backup

why dosent cbus backup like minder does so the u can go back a version ???

Dave Byron, Aug 14, 2004
  5. curlyted

znelbok

when you make a change you should commit to the database as well as the network.

Backup the project files and keep a copy off-line. That way if you stuff up you can roll back to a previous configuration.

Mick

znelbok, Aug 15, 2004
Ask a Question