Lighting Groups

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by infin8, Jan 20, 2012.

1. infin8

infin8

Hi Members, doing some work at home I have a Wiser and also a PCI connected to the alarm through High Level Interface.

I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to steer me in the right direction.

I am trying to workout how to create a group that will have all my Lights for Downstairs and Upstairs in a group.
    So I can just toggle that group address and walla it turns that group ON or OFF. Preferably OFF.

I know that I can have it on a DLT by adding them in a scene, but I wondered whether PicED or C-Bus Tool Kit is capable of grouping Channels.

Or am I missing a controller like Pascal?

I worked out that you can tie the Actual 8 Channel Dimmer/Relay to an 1 Area, than create a new Group then turn that Group On/Off which turns everything on or off on the channels but how can you do selected ones. IE on the relay Channels I have TV's and Kettles I dont want to bring them all on or off by Toggling a Single GRoup.

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2012
    infin8, Jan 20, 2012
  2. infin8

DarylMc

Hello infin8
    I did something similar with a couple of scenes to turn off all the lights downstairs, another to turn off all the lights outside, and a another goodnight function.
    In my case I run them on a Colour Touch but you could set them up in Piced and use your Wiser as far as I know.
    I used a bell press to set the scenes and it turns all the scene components off only.
    Maybe you could test it all works as expected in Piced before uploading it to your Wiser.

DarylMc, Jan 20, 2012
  3. infin8

DarylMc

Attached pictures

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      197.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      388.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      157.2 KB
      Views:
    DarylMc, Jan 20, 2012
  4. infin8

infin8

Group Lights

HI Daryl, thanks for the reply.
    I may have to invest in a touch screen by the looks of it.

does anyone have info on doing this on a Wiser?

I also cannot get it to work from a DLT.

I have a Group 200 Called All Off, I have set all the Dimmers to Area Called All Off.
    Under a DLT I have tried both making a Scene and Adding the Group 200 and setting the level to 0%, I also tried making a Button and putting Group 200 and the Function Off but it doesnt turn anything off.

I was successul with using the Widget Manager and making a button and having it turn off Group 200 which works well. But still via a direct button on a DLT cant get it to obey logic.

Anyone have any other way of doing this?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2012
    infin8, Jan 21, 2012
  5. infin8

Newman

When you have a button configured as an Off key it will only send an Off command on the network if the group address is already on. To force the Off command to be sent, change the configuration of the key on the DLT to use the Ramp Off command, not just the regular Off.

Newman, Jan 21, 2012
  6. infin8

Robbo_VIC

Create a dummy group called "Scene Trigger Downstairs" and then add this as a On/Off function to a button on the DLT. Then in the Wiser Scene Manager, create 2 scenes.

Name: Downstairs ON
    Scene Trigger: "Scene Trigger Downstairs" (level: ON)
    Scene Components: Whatever lights you want on, at 100%

Name: Downstairs OFF
    Scene Trigger: "Scene Trigger Downstairs" (level: OFF)
    Scene Components: Whatever lights you want off, at 0%

So when you hit the DLT button on or off, it will turn all those lights on or off.

OR you can create 2 trigger groups. One for ON and one for OFF, then use a bellpress function to trigger them (or a timer for 3 seconds or so)

Robbo_VIC, Jan 22, 2012
Ask a Question