Level staying On after scene

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by greggos, Aug 29, 2022.

1. greggos

greggos

Hi all,
    Working on an inherited C-Bus system. I've learned a fair bit from playing around with it and reading as much as I can here.
    The issue I'm currently having
    2 sets of roller Shutters are controlled by relay output module
    Saturn DLT controlling the pushbutton operation

Have buttons programmed such that if "Shutter 1 UP" button is pressed shutter 1 goes Up as long as button is depressed. . If "Shutter 2 Down" button is pressed, shutter goes down for as long as it is depressed. Same for Shutter 2. All good.

Have two 'scenes' programmed in B&W CTouch, let's call them "All Shutters Up" and "All Shutters Down" set to send a pulse timer for a predetermined amount of time, such that both shutters open or close fully depending on which button is pressed.
    These 'scenes' are triggered using <CUSTOM>
    The scenes themselves work well in that the Up or Down signal is sent to the Shutters for the required amount of time. The issue is that after a scene is pressed, say "All Shutters Down", the shutters go down for the period of time but the status and level of "Shutter 1 Down" and "Shutter Down 2" stay on. The individual "Shutter 1 Down' and "Shutter 2 Down" buttons then need to be pressed briefly to turn them off before an "All Shutters Up" command will work, and vice versa for Down.
    There is a checkbox in the scene referring to Level after Scene and that is set to Off.
    How can I make these Levels revert to Off after the scene is set?

Please note most of the firmware and software is quite out of date, not sure if that is relevant but I did read some things about earlier C-Touch's not sending a 'kill scene" command. I'm not sure whether this is related.

Thanks in advance for any help

greggos, Aug 29, 2022
  2. greggos

Ashley

This can't happen. If the relay is turning off at the end of the pulse, the Shutter 1 Down ga must be set to zero which will extinguish the status light on the switch. If this is not happening you have something programmed incorrectly. I suggest you run the diagnostic utility and see what is really happening to the ga's.

Ashley, Aug 29, 2022
    greggos likes this.
  3. greggos

greggos

Thanks for the reply Ashley.
    I had noticed that sometimes the status lights would stay on, other times they'd turn off. It seemed like sometimes the pulse timer would be triggered, other times it would just be acting as an on/off which was really confusing me.
    When I revisited it the other night, it was working as intended, i.e no status lights on after activating a scene. I then went onto Pieced and changed a couple of the pulse timers by a second or two and transferred the new settings. I noticed then that the status lights were staying on again.
    What I've realised now is that this occurs if the Piced software is still connected to the C-Bus network. Hence sometimes I hadn't disconnected, other times I had causing the irregular operation. I've tested it a few times connected and disconnected and follows the same pattern so it's just something I have to remember to do each time.
    Are you able to point me in the direction of the diagnostics utility? I'm not sure where to find it.
    Thanks again

greggos, Aug 31, 2022
  4. greggos

Ashley

Whenever a timer is running (which can be from a pulse command or timer in a switch etc), any change to the associated group address will cancel the timer. If you trigger 2 pulse commands at the same time (i.e if you have both the touchscreen and piced running the same project), they will both issue the set group address to the bus and start their internal timers. Each will then receive the change group address command from the other unit, which will cause them to cancel their timers and so the final level command will not be issued. This is the effect you are seeing.

The moral of the story is don't have both Piced and the Touchscreen operating at the same time. Problems like this are also common when editing logic in Piced and trying to test it while the target device is still operating. Whenever testing operation in Piced, you need to disable the corresponding target unit. This can be done directly from the B&W Touchscreen assuming the installer added a Tools page (wich they should have). Select Tools then Config then deselect Master Unit. This will stop the touchscreen issuing commands to the bus. Don't forget to turn it back on afterwards.

https://updates.clipsal.com/Clipsal.../technical/downloads/commissioning_tools.html

Ashley, Sep 1, 2022
    greggos likes this.
  5. greggos

greggos

Thank you for that Ashley. It really explains what's been happening. I thought I was going crazy for a bit :)
    I'll continue learning.

greggos, Sep 1, 2022
Ask a Question