LED globes on when they are off

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by MarkG, Oct 18, 2019.

1. MarkG

MarkG

I have an older C-Bus system and I have not found a LED globe ( not downlight ) that is not dimmly on when the switch is off.
    Is there a globe that works? Is there a more general solution. Obviously the power-over-IP is enough to light the globe, but is there a globe that works?

MarkG, Oct 18, 2019
  2. MarkG

Ashley

Ashley, Oct 19, 2019
  3. MarkG

MarkG

MarkG, Oct 19, 2019
  4. MarkG

JasonY00

Hi MarkG,

I have no idea about the iControl system but with the C-Bus dimmers, there is also a residual current that can also cause the same problem with some LED Downlights/Globes being slightly on with the dimmer off. Ssome LED strips can flick on and off constantly. On a C-Bus network, this is easily fixed with a Clipsal 31LCDA Load Correction Device. This may also work with globes on iControl. I have found that non-dimmable LED globes are particularly susceptible to this problem of not going completely off. Reasonable quality dimmable LED globes seem to be ok for C-Bus,

One of many 31LCDA Links here: http://updates.clipsal.com/clipsalonline/Files/Brochures/W0001620.pdf.

This may solve your problem, but you may need one for every load and they are just over $20 each. It will also improve the dimming range of some LED's and can also reduce flicker. I didn't need one with circuits where there were several LED downlights, but where there was only one or two Downlights/Globes it fixed the problem.

Perhaps source one and install it (if you are an electrician).

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Jason

JasonY00, Oct 23, 2019
Ask a Question