Issue with IP Camera Image and Wiser2

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 2 Controller' started by jaydog, Oct 24, 2016.

1. jaydog

jaydog

Hi,
    Can anyone help me? I have a project with an IP camera. Camera works fine over the LAN but when coming in over the internet I can't get the image on the Wiser 2 app.
    I have been told that it should just work, I have also tried port forwarding as per the instructions without any luck.
    I can access the camera over the internet outside the app. Am I missing something?

jaydog, Oct 24, 2016
  2. jaydog

tsman

If the camera widget is setup with a local IP in the Wiser config then it won't work when you're outside. If your router supports hairpin NAT then configure the camera widget in the Wiser with the external public IP so it will always get forwarded to the internal IP.

tsman, Oct 25, 2016
  3. jaydog

MHeaton

When you say the camera works fine over the LAN is that accessing the camera's IP address directly or via the Wiser 2?

I am using an internal IP camera and can access it fine via my external IP address and the Wiser - I assume the Wiser re-renders the JPG. The only difficulty I had was realising I needed the snapshot URL not the video one.

Mark

MHeaton, Oct 26, 2016
Ask a Question