Issue with EDLT

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by andrew12, May 3, 2017.

1. andrew12

andrew12

I Have a got a new eDLT, the first time Ive used one, and am getting the the error the same as in this thread

http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12295&highlight=edlt+error

toolkit v1.14.3 was a fix for this but I can not get it to work.

So I edit the unit through the database but it takes like 5 to 10 minutes to program and I get no screen representation.

All other units are Ok including Saturn dlt's.

Hope someone can shed some light.

andrew12, May 3, 2017
  2. andrew12

NickD Moderator

I suspect your best course of action is to contact customer care. If they can't help you and it's a new issue this will get someone allocated to look into it.

A bit more info might help. I assume you're using the latest Toolkit but what version of Windows?

It also sounds like you have an error (that you linked to) doing it one way (opening from the network?) and a different problem if you edit the database and transfer to the network?

Also, what do you mean by "no screen representation"? Do you mean you don't see the WYSIWYG screen representation in the Toolkit UI, or once transferred there is nothing on the screen?

If it's the latter and you have assigned groups to control colours of background/foreground and/or backlight brightness, then it may be that levels for these groups need to be sent on the network once the unit has been programmed (otherwise it thinks they're all 0 and everything is off or black).

Nick

NickD, May 3, 2017
  3. andrew12

andrew12

Hi Nick,

Yes I do not get the WYSIWYG. Im running windows 7 64bit and the latest version of the toolkit. The eDLT is manufactured Jan 2017 and has the latest firmware on it.

If I edit from network I get the error as I linked to, if I edit from database it can transfer to unit but takes a long time to send to the unit and I do not get the WYSIWYG.

Edit: I have a remote CGate, If I use a local CGate all is well with the eDLT. More investigation required.

Cheers
    Andrew

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2017
    andrew12, May 3, 2017
  4. andrew12

andrew12

Replying to myself here,

Found that if I have a local C-Gate all works well but if its remote I get the failure as mentioned in the first post. It is through a CNI.

I deleted C-Gate from the remote server and started fresh and the error still occurs. Seems there is a bug somewhere.

andrew12, May 6, 2017
  5. andrew12

NickD Moderator

When I looked at the history of the issue, it seemed to be related to a something going wrong with the TLS connection to C-Gate... I'm not sure if that give you anything to go on but at least you have a workaround for now.

Did you send the error report through from the error dialog?

Nick

NickD, May 8, 2017
Ask a Question