Interfacing through P.C. Interface questions

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Microburst, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Microburst

Microburst

Hello -
    I have developed an interface that communicates through the P.C. Serial Interface gateway to monitor and control the C-Bus network. I have come across a scenario that could use some clarification.

If a Group Address Variable (GAV) 0x01 is assigned to the local network and a GAV 0x01 is assigned to a remote network separated by a bridged set to send messages to adjacent networks, should these GAVs become one to my system? I need to verify this because when my system receives a SAL message (0x05 0xFD 0x38 0x01 0x03 0x79 0x02 0x47 sent when a key input was pressed on the remote network), it only indicates the remote network address, GAV, and state the GAV is in. If a user wants to monitor this GAV 0x01 on both networks, how is my system to know that this GAV lives on ?both? networks and needs it?s status indicators updated? Should they be treated differently?

In other words, if there are identical GAV addresses on multiple networks and the bridges are set to send messages to adjacent networks, then do they all become one in the same GAV?

Hopefully this makes sense.

Microburst, Aug 3, 2004
  2. Microburst

znelbok

Yes, if the bridge is set to send messages to the adjacent network then it is effictely one network address wise.

Mick

znelbok, Aug 4, 2004
Ask a Question