Indicator Kill message

Discussion in 'C-Gate Developers' started by jpharvey, Dec 19, 2017.

1. jpharvey

jpharvey

I would like to receive "Indicator Kill" messages in my application so i can disable an indicator in the ui in a similar way to the way switches do.
    looking at all the events that come back from cgate i dont see anything corresponding to the "Indicator Kill" message just the lighting changes that would cause a device to send it.
    Is it possible for an application to receive these messages from cgate?

There appears to be a "trigger indicatorkill" command implemented in the latest cgate which is undocumented in the CGateManual.pdf.
    It works but again there is no event sent back to show that it happened beyond the normal "processed by network" message.

Thanks for any help

John

jpharvey, Dec 19, 2017
  2. jpharvey

NickD Moderator

The indicator kill message is only for scene indication, and therefore only exists on the Trigger Control application. It is sent by a device in which a scene resides, when a scene which is currently active is broken by a level change to one of the scene member groups.

When a scene is triggered, any keys associated with that scene trigger will set their indicator on, to show the scene is active. The indicator kill message is used to extinguish those indicators when the scene gets broken.

For most other indicators, its just the level of the associated group that controls it, so if you want to emulate the same behaviour, you just need to monitor the lighting messages that control the group. The indicator is on if the group level is non-zero and off otherwise.

Nick

NickD, Dec 19, 2017
  3. jpharvey

jpharvey

Thanks Nick
    My use case is that my application has sent a trigger event that has been used to set the scene so i am effectively being a key associated with that scene. I dont know what the scene is so i cant monitor the groups (that only exists in the device that received the trigger). I want to receive the indicator kill so that i can turn my indicator off but there doesnt seem to be an indicator kill message sent out from cgate.

jpharvey, Dec 20, 2017
  4. jpharvey

NickD Moderator

So if I understand correctly...
    - your application is connected to C-Bus via C-Gate
    - your application is sending the scene trigger (via C-Gate)
    - something else contains the scene?
    - that something else is sending an indicator kill when the scene gets broken?
    - C-Gate does not pass through an event for the indicator kill?

Is that right?

Nick

NickD, Dec 20, 2017
  5. jpharvey

jpharvey

Yes thats it.
    Not sure if its important but at the moment my cgate is using a network connection to a wiser 1 so that then passes the connection on to its CNI.

jpharvey, Dec 21, 2017
  6. jpharvey

NickD Moderator

Ok...I've replicated it here. Seems C-Gate is not decoding the indicator kill message. Pretty sure it's meant to be as it would be needed for Schedule+ to handle scene indication. Will look into it.

NickD, Dec 21, 2017
    Mr Mark likes this.
  7. jpharvey

jpharvey

Great thanks for looking into it.

jpharvey, Dec 22, 2017
  8. jpharvey

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Hi John, thanks for letting us know about this. I can confirm it's a C-Gate issue. It should be fixed in the next release.

daniel, Jan 4, 2018
  9. jpharvey

jpharvey

Thanks for confirming that. Do you have any idea yet when the next release might be.

jpharvey, Jan 5, 2018
  10. jpharvey

daniel C-Busser Moderator

daniel, Feb 26, 2018
Ask a Question