importing a project file

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Neil C, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Neil C

Neil C

When importing a project file on to a different PC, in order to carry out changes and updates on the live system, is it better to copy across the xml file from the original PC, or perform a backup from the old PC, along with a restore to the new PC. I need to be sure that all aspects are brought across to the new PC, including any database entries which might not be resident in the existing C-bus hardware.

Any comments or experiences would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Neil C, Mar 18, 2008
  2. Neil C

Richo

If you copy the XML file you can't change the file name and you must restart c-gate or Toolkit or both for the new project to be "found". If you use the backup mechanism you don't have these restrictions.

I forget what the implications are if you have created custom DLT images, I think you would need to copy over those as well, I don't recall what the backup mechanism does with those.

Richo, Mar 18, 2008
Ask a Question