I just replace a 5500NB but it still won't connect to the CBUS

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by 702AV, Nov 2, 2017.

1. 702AV

702AV

I just replace a 5500NB but it still won't connect to the CBUS from toolkit network scan, I thought by just unplugging old one and replace with new 5500nb would suffice but apparently not. Can anyone help?

702AV, Nov 2, 2017
  2. 702AV

NickD Moderator

If it's straight out of the box then it won't have had its unit addresses set(which for the bridge are important as these are the addresses of the networks it connects to and from).

You should see it in the network scan at address $FF (255). Assuming you can see it in the network view, if you select the old bridge in the database view (assuming you have the Toolkit project) and clock the Reinstall button, it should transfer the programming from the database to the new unit and then you should be fine.

Nick

NickD, Nov 3, 2017
  3. 702AV

702AV

Nick

Your response is truly appreciate it! However, there isn't any button to allow either replace or reinstall new bridge located in the pictures attached.

Any other suggestions would be greatly helpful.

Attached Files:

702AV, Nov 3, 2017
  4. 702AV

NickD Moderator

Those screenshots are of what we referred to as the Unit Dialog.

You would have opened this by double clicking the unit's entry in the Database view (the top pane in the split Units view).

If you open and scan the network, all of the devices found on the network should appear in the Network view(the bottom pane in the split view). Your new bridge should be there at unit address 255.

Once you have done this, and you select the unit in the database view, there should be a "Reinstall" button available (sometimes it's off the screen), because it has a) not found the corresponding unit on the network, and b) has found a new unit of the same type at address 255. If you click the Reinstall button, it will transfer the programming from the database unit to the network, and update the serial number in the database to match the new unit.

Nick

NickD, Nov 3, 2017
  5. 702AV

702AV

Nick

How much would you charge to help me out using screen share via team viewer's? I need quite a few things that need to be finish (programming stuff).

702AV, Nov 3, 2017
Ask a Question