I can crash Toolkit 1.11.2 on command...

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by greig, Aug 1, 2010.

1. greig

greig

Hi Guys,

Toolkit's had this issue for a while (here, anyway) and I've just upgraded to 1.11.2 and it's the same.

Here's a sample scenario that's 100% guaranteed to crash every time:

1. Run Toolkit
    2. Scan the network
    3. Double-click to select an existing Neo 8 from either the "Units on Network" "Units in Database".
    4. Select the Key Functions tab.
    5. Left-click once on Key 6 "short press" input box.
    6. Type "T". The drop-down list opens with Toggle selected.
    7. Left-click again to confirm your choice. The drop-down list closes. So far so good.
    8. Now click ANY other key/function box as if to repeat the above process.
    9. Down she goes...

I'm running Toolkit under Win7, x86.

A few things to note:
    • This fault isn't evident if I do same on a 503xN - it's only my Neos. (I have mostly 503x's and Neos here & haven't bothered to try and reproduce it on my AUX's and other misc input units)
    • If you type say "R" the drop-down offers "Recall2". If you wheel or mouse to "Recall1" and select that, the fault doesn't occur - it's only if you select the first choice offered without moving the mouse or arrows to a different selection.
    • If you don't change the current function if won't crash. e.g., current function is "Idle". Type "I", press return (or click) and you're OK.
    • Whilst my "key 6" scenario is 100% reproducible, I can achieve the same result with other keys and other values. It's not EVERY selection, but only takes a couple of choices before I can kill it.

:)

G.

greig, Aug 1, 2010
  2. greig

george

Hi G,

thanks for the report. The defect ID is #20006.

Regards,
    George

george, Aug 2, 2010
Ask a Question