How to toggle a Scene ON/OFF with 1 button ?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by JohnC, Feb 16, 2006.

1. JohnC

JohnC

Hi all,

Someone recently wrote a post on how to do this : not having to have 1 button set a scene, and yet another button to turn it off (by setting the same GAs back to zero).

I've searched and searched and failed to find it - it's probably somewhere obvious, but I have my blonde head on today.

Could somebody please give me a hint on how to find that info again, or re-post the instructions for me.

Thanks very much, John

JohnC, Feb 16, 2006
  2. JohnC

Newman

There are a few ways you can do this.

The one that comes first to mind is to store 2 Scenes, one for On and one for Off in some other unit and remotely trigger them. Set up your unit as a simple Toggle, assign the unit to the Trigger Control application. In the unit that's storing the scenes set it up to trigger the "on" scene for Action Selector $FF and the "off" scene for Action Selector $00.

Newman, Feb 16, 2006
  3. JohnC

PSC

John,

You need to create the scenes in the Ctouch, PAC or S+ / Homegate. For each scene you will need an "ON" scene and a "OFF" scene i.e. Movie Time On & Movie Time Off.

You need to use the same (trigger) GA for both scenes i.e Movie Time ON / OFF, within the scene manager select the "Scene Trigger" tab, select the scene trigger GA (Movie Time ON / OFF) from the drop down box (or create it) and for the ON scene select 100% as the level, for the OFF scene select 0% as the level.

*** It probably best to keep the scene triggers GA's in the lighting application at this stage as it will be easy to combine scenes and lights on the DLT.

In the DLT select the GA (Movie Time ON / OFF) and set the button function as ON/OFF.

You will now be able to turn each scene on and off. Just keep in mind that the "OFF" scene doesn't have to have all (output) levels within the scene set to 0%, you may well want it to return to default levels.

I hope this helps.

http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1864

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2006
    PSC, Feb 16, 2006
Ask a Question