how to restet password on 5000CT

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by matt mcbroom, Nov 24, 2014.

1. matt mcbroom

matt mcbroom

We recently bought a repo--great house - we love it. It has a Clipsal system --I could have smart home....but I am learning how to use it the installer refuses to help. My question today--is how do I rest the password on a Clipsal C-Touch 5000 CT touch screen? I would like to be able to go in and change some setting but the password is stopping me. ( I am tired of some lights coming on at 6 am) Thanx in advance

matt mcbroom, Nov 24, 2014
  2. matt mcbroom

ashleigh Moderator

You will need to quote the exact model of the screen.

And then... do you have the project files used for whats in the screen?

Because the only way to CLEAR EVERYTHING is using a factory reset process, which will wipe the password and all the programming in the screen.

Irrespective of the screen model, they are programmed using the PICED software (which is a free download); and you should download that and then see if you can extract the programming from the screen BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE.

If you don't do this then there is a danger you will lose the programming completely (hard to make small tweaks when you blew the lot away); and much much harder if the installer won't help out. [The installer should have all the programming files.]

ashleigh, Nov 24, 2014
  3. matt mcbroom

matt mcbroom

i need to update my CT5000 password . I can access the back panel of the Ct5000 and the switch in the closet . They both have ethernet connectors. I have the Piced Software. back of ct5000.jpg

matt mcbroom, Jun 10, 2021
  4. matt mcbroom

Ashley

The SC5000CT does not have an ethernet connection. The leads in the picture are the cbus connections. Don't connect these to your network switch or bad things will happen.

You program the SC5000CT via the serial RS232 port, and you will need to get the correct cable for this. You will also need a PC with a serial port or supported usb-serial adapter (the cheap no-name brands are unlikely to work). It is possible to program the unit via cbus, but this is very slow and you will need and PCI or CNI cbus interface.

The only way to change the password is to download a new project with updated password. From memory, you can't retrieve the current project from these early touch screens, so you would have to re-create the entire project. This could be a big job.

Ashley, Jun 11, 2021
Ask a Question