How to ramp off two areas at once?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by znelbok, Jan 20, 2005.

1. znelbok

znelbok

I have two area on the one network.

When I go to bed I have a key assigned to ramp off all lights in one area (master off). I want to assign this key to do both areas at once.

Here is the problem. I have an 8 key neo with all keys used, so there is no room left for adding another group and tying it to the same key as the one above. If this were a four key or less switch then it would not be a problem as there are still eight groups that can be possibly entered.

How do I achieve what I am trying to do. I tried a scene a whie back but it did nt work, but I cant remember what was wrong (i think the led stayed lit on the key and it was too bright at night)

Can you guys at clipsal increase the maximum number of groups that can be entered to enable simple logic on a maximum sized keyinput

znelbok, Jan 20, 2005
  2. znelbok

Newman

8 Groups is the max and will be for some time in our key units. There's a lot of processing that goes on and, in the input units at least, it would be a huge effort to expand this further.

I can't think of any way to achieve what you're looking for from an 8-key Neo. My suggestion would be to use a Scene key that either contains all the Groups (if you can) or just the 2 area addresses if you have more than 10 Groups to control. To solve the indicator brightness issue try the indicator fall-back option that is on the Neo's so that after 15 seconds the indicator brightness falls back to a dim level. Hopefully that will be sufficient.

If that isn't dim enough you could assign the indicator brightness of that Neo to a C-Bus Group. You can then turn that group address Off from any other C-Bus unit or use a C-Touch Schedule to turn that group off at the regular bed-time to kill the indicators automatically.

If you can free up a block on the Neo then that would be the ideal solution. Remember that it's not a free key that you're looking for but a free block/group address. Then you can assign the physical key that you have as the Master Off to 2 blocks at once and get the result you're looking for. If your Neo has 2 keys controlling the 1 Group anywhere then you're in business.

Either that or wait for an up and coming logic product. That would make this a cinch.

Newman, Jan 20, 2005
Ask a Question