Group Number not seen in Input Table

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Definitivedome, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Definitivedome

Definitivedome

Hi All,
    It has been sometime that I have worked on Cbus. And I have been asked to look at an issue at a client of ours.

This is the topology. Two networks separated by a bridge.

A 8CHREL on one of networks has 6 channels in use. 5 of which are able to be logically controlled by input keypads from the other network.
    The 6th Channel has a group created and assigned Group 31. Named "Porch Lights".

I am unable to find this name in the dropdown menu of an input keypad.

hardware functioning ok. Physical Burden attached. BUT impedance reading 33333ohms. Soft Burden showed no change.

Do I have a physical issue with the device or am I over looking the logic side of the deployment.

Thanks in advance,

Definitivedome, Apr 30, 2019
  2. Definitivedome

Ashley

I am assuming the bridge is set up in application connect mode (otherwise there is no way for a switch to control another network). In this case the bridge will automatically forward group addresses between networks (i.e. in effect the bridge is not there). From toolkit's perspective, however, they are completely separate networks and if you create a new group address in one network, you need to add it to the other network manually. Toolkit has the option of copying all groups within an application to another network and this is generally the easiest way to keep them in sync. Simply copy the first network to the second network, then the second network back to the first.

Ashley, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Definitivedome

Wonkey

With regard to the burden. You mentioned that you have added a hardware burden. To get Toolkit to give you the network impedance in this case you need to add a burden to the unit in database section.
    From my experience not many people do this but it is useful to know what type of burden exist on a network.
    Likewise cable can be added to the database to get an even more accurate reading

Wonkey, May 1, 2019
  4. Definitivedome

Definitivedome

Ashley,
    I was able to manually add to primary network, but was unable to simply copy between the Primary and Secondary. Either way the issue was resolved. Thankyou very much.

Definitivedome, May 7, 2019
  5. Definitivedome

Definitivedome

Wonkey,
    Would it be possible to elaborate on how this is done. The only Document database I have found is the one that creates the .csv file when exported.

Definitivedome, May 7, 2019
  6. Definitivedome

Ashley

The burden exists as a normal cbus unit. Just select Add Unit, search for Burden and add it.

Expand the applications tab of the source network in the left hand tree. Select the specific application you want to copy, right click and select Copy Application.

Then select the application root in the destination network (not the actual application). Right click and select Paste Application.

Ashley, May 7, 2019
Ask a Question