Getting DLT names from network

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by dawhitters, Jan 11, 2008.

1. dawhitters

dawhitters

Hi,

I'm a bit new to this, so apologies if the answer to my question is obvious, or the question itself is in fact stupid. I have tried searching to no avail.

I have a large installation that was installed by a professional integrator. I'm now tweaking it myself.

I don't have the original project files. I've managed to download everything from the network to Toolkit, and everything is working perfectly. However, no matter what I do, the DLT labels don't seem to download from the network. Instead, they just show up as the group names they operate - "Group 1" or whatever.

Obviously I don't want to make any change to them, in case it wipes every switch in the house.

Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss something?

Any advice is appreciated!

dawhitters, Jan 11, 2008
  2. dawhitters

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Hi dawhitters,

Unfortunately transfer of DLT labels is one-way only. This is unlikely to change, at least not soon. Have you asked the professional integrator for the data?

daniel, Jan 12, 2008
  3. dawhitters

Lucky555

A professional integrator (not sure what one looks like) should have no problem handing over your project file provided the project is finished and all accounts are paid. The "professional integrator" will probably stipulate that if you stuff things up it's your problem and they will charge to come back and fix things up, which is fair enough. Otherwise you will have to spend several hours (depending on the size of the "professional" install) to reverse engineer the hex values you get back from C-Bus units to GA's with tag descriptions. Try to get the project files first.

PS you should also be entitled to PICED files for any C-Touch, PAC or Homegate installs, however, if you are not really sure what you are doing in this area don't go there. In any case if you do get project files of any description make sure you make several copies and store them in different locations...

Lucky555, Jan 14, 2008
Ask a Question