General Key input questions

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by GeorgeKosmas, Dec 1, 2004.

1. GeorgeKosmas

GeorgeKosmas

Hey,
    This probly sounds like a really stupid question, but I was wondering how can I get a key (4 gang key input) to ramp on and ramp off instead of using toggle which is on/off instantly?

So, the first time they press the button it will ramp the channel up (e.g over 4 seconds) to 100% and then the second time they press the button it will ramp down (e.g. over 4 seconds) to 0%. Also i still want the ability for the long press to do the same functions as standard dimmer button.

Thanks,
    George Kosmas

GeorgeKosmas, Dec 1, 2004
  2. GeorgeKosmas

Newman

George

I'm not sure how you'd get the behaviour you're after out of a single key without using something like C-Touch/Schedule+ etc but you can achieve the desired behaviour if you can live with having 2 keys to control the Group Address. Here's how:

Under Toolkit 1.1.3
    1) Select 1 key function as soft-up and the other key as soft-down. It should prompt for this and automatically set up the key/block associations for you.
    2) On the Global tab change the RAMP2 rate to 4 seconds.
    3) Make sure that Store1 is set to 100% for the first key.

Under C-Bus V2
    1) Select 1 key function as On-up and the other key as Off-down function.
    2) On the Global tab change the RAMP2 rate to 4 seconds.
    3) On the Advanced tab assign the 2 keys to the same group address that you want to control (the little check-boxes on the left of the form).
    4) Make sure that Store1 is set to 100%
    5) Change the short release key event to RAMPRCL1 on the first key
    6) Change the short release key event to RAMPOFF on the second key

This should give you the 4 second ramp on for the first key and the 4 second ramp off on the second key. A long press of the first key will ramp up and a long press of the second key will ramp down.

If you want to be able to long press either key and do both up/down dimming then change the Long Press microfunctions on both keys to DNCYCLE.

Newman, Dec 1, 2004
Ask a Question