General Input Unit

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by CC&C, Nov 23, 2004.

1. CC&C

CC&C

In CBUSV2 it was possible to "monitor" the inputs of the General Input Unit. This function doesn't seem to be in the Toolkit. I am not sure what the Trigger Group does in the Broadcast and Sampling, however, it doesn't appear possible to select/create a group to trigger this function anyway. Additionally, is there any documentation available for this unit, particularly in order to explain how the inputs can be viewed via C-Touch or the like and what is "Unit Identity on the Measurement Application". I have previously emailed information to techsupport with respect to anomalies when setting up the device, i.e. wrong scaling for input type selected, problems when assigning non-CBUS standard application numbers. I am not sure if these have been fixed as I can't "monitor" the inputs and I have now been converted into using the CBUS standard application numbers.

Regards, CC&C.

CC&C, Nov 23, 2004
  2. CC&C

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Thanks, this is a known issue with Toolkit. It will be addressed in a future release.

Are these issues you are having with V2 or Toolkit?

daniel, Nov 24, 2004
  3. CC&C

CC&C

I have only been able to experience the issue in V2 as I can't "monitor" the inputs in the Toolkit to know whether it is an issue in that software as well. Hence, my question with respect to documentation and viewing the values via C-Touch or other method.

Regards, CC&C.

CC&C, Nov 24, 2004
  4. CC&C

Darren Senior Member

The General Input Unit can broadcast measurements as Lighting Application messages, and these can be displayed on a C-Touch unit, but it will be displayed as a lighting level (0% to 100%).

The General Input Unit can also broadcast measurements on the Measurement Application. There are currently no devices which support the Measurement Application, but there will be soon.
    It is best not to use non-standard Application Numbers. It can cause chaos.

Darren, Nov 24, 2004
  5. CC&C

5coobyd00

Any update on the above Measurement Application yet?

Is there any success with using the 5504GI with Toolkit yet?

5coobyd00, Oct 12, 2006
  6. CC&C

NickLocke

Just jumping in on the monitoring inputs question. Am I missing something? Just tick the Monitor box on the GUI and the current value is shown - dead easy! Worked in the last version and is better in 1.5.2.

The 5504GI is working very well for me.

NickLocke, Oct 13, 2006
Ask a Question