FREE web-browser control of your C-Bus network

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by greig, Mar 27, 2011.

1. greig

DarylMc

It is connected now after a restart with no other changes.
    Thanks

DarylMc, Jun 8, 2012
  2. greig

greig

Barry,

how are you going? I sent you a private message the other day chasing some specifics of your deployment...

Thanks,

G.

greig, Jun 12, 2012
  3. greig

greig

Hi Daryl,

It's been a while between visits here, so my apologies if this is a stale request.

This is from my C-ChangePHP doco:

In C:\Clipsal\C-Gate2\config\, open ?C-GateConfig.txt? in a text editor. Search for the following two entries and change them to reflect the name of your project. (Mine is ?19P? as shown below). Out of the box in a default C-Gate installation there is no text after the equals sign.

#### project.default:
    # Name of the default project
    # Default Value:
    # Scope: global
    # Effective on: restart
    ###
    project.default=19P
    #### project.start:
    # Space-separated list of projects to start on server startup
    # Default Value:
    # Scope: global
    # Effective on: restart
    ###
    project.start=19P

If C-Gate is already running you?ll need to exit and re-launch it to read these changes.

As a bonus, you?ll find Toolkit opens faster and automatically starts the network as a result.

greig, Oct 13, 2012
  4. greig

Globetrot

Issue with C-Change PHP

Hi Greig,

After viewing this thread a long time ago I decided to give your code a go. I have come across a similar error Darryl was having and was hoping you could help.

I managed to get it all installed with WAMP etc and the table page does show all my groups, however I noticed that the table is not reading any values from the groups and when I attempt to turn a group on or off I get the following error;

ERROR. Return value = 401 Bad object or device ID: //TONKIN/254/56/6

I have noticed this is slightly different to Darryls in that it it includes the Lighting Application (56) and the Group (6).

Any Ideas?

Globetrot, Oct 27, 2012
  5. greig

DarylMc

Hello Greig

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I haven't had much time to use your program since I moved to Mt Isa.

But from memory it was all working well after a restart.

Daryl

DarylMc, Oct 27, 2012
  6. greig

DarylMc

DarylMc, Oct 28, 2012
  7. greig

Globetrot

Hi Daryl,

Yes I thought that might have been the case, but I have definitely got the May 15 download.

I have been doing some more testing and I have noticed that in the config.php file if I input the servers IP address (the one running C-Gate and WAMP) it gives me a different error, but if I leave it blank I get the original error.

The other thing I noticed was that when I ran the C-Bus toolkit and opened the network, the C-Change webpage would show the values of the groups. It seems to me that C-Change is not connecting to C-Gate for some reason, I just don't know why.

Also I have the latest version of the Toolkit and I noticed that the Network name is text where as in the C-Change config file it is listed as a number (254). I did try and change this but it didnt work either.

It's a shame as I really would like this too work.

Globetrot, Oct 28, 2012
  8. greig

greig

Hi Globetrot,

If the WAMP server is also running C-Gate, then you should be able to get away without needing to provide the IP address. It's strange that you get a different result when you specify it.

Have you hard-coded the project's name into C-GateConfig.txt yet? If you don't see Group values unless you run Toolkit, it seems that Toolkit's initialising the bus for us, and this is then lost when it's closed.

What version of C-Gate are you running? Mine's a relatively old "2.8.0 (Build 2316)". I'll update it and Toolkit tonight just in case something breaks with a newer version. (I've upgraded to Windows 8 recently, so I've been putting this off, expecting there to be pain).

;-)

Greig

greig, Oct 28, 2012
  9. greig

Globetrot

It's working!!

Hi Guys,

It is now working, I think like Darryl I had to restart C-Gate. Now that I am getting excited about being able to tap a button on my touchscreen and the lights turn on, I would now like to do something more fancy and I thought maybe you can help.

I have my automatic gate connected to C-Bus and I can open and close the gate using my C-Bus switches on the wall. What I am after is I want to be able to open and close the gate via C-Change, the trick however is that I have had to put the switches on a timer so that after I press the button the relay activates and then 1 second later it switches off. If I dont have the 1 sec switch off after pressing the button the gate will close slightly and then open again.

So my question is can I use C-Change as a timer where I press the link on the webpage the gate closes and then 1 second later the webpage sends a signal to open the relay.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Globetrot, Nov 2, 2012
  10. greig

greig

Hi Globetrot,

I don't think I can help you there. I don't suppose you have a PAC? I raced out and bought one the second I heard they existed. It has ALL of my logic and fancy code in it, and would easily handle your gate control.

For your application I'd use C-Change to turn on a phantom group that would fire some code in the PAC, and at the end it would turn the same group off, resetting it for next time.

greig, Nov 4, 2012
Ask a Question