Forcing a Security Status Update?

Discussion in 'C-Gate Developers' started by Ingo, May 9, 2011.

1. Ingo

Ingo

I noticed that in PICED I can assign a special function to a button and then assign the 'Security Status Request' to the button.

When I toggle the button I see my Comfort system report all the zone statusses. This can be verified in the PICED log file.

When I do a SECURITY STATUS_REQUEST $app 1|2 from CGate I only get the zone status in an encoded form, it doesn't force Comfort to report each zone in the same way that PICED does.

Is there a CGate method to force Comfort to report every zone similar to PICED? I need CGate to 'learn' the current state of the zones in order to properly report on a GET level command.

Thanks,
    Ingo

Ingo, May 9, 2011
  2. Ingo

Darren Senior Member

If you enable the logging of C-Gate messages in the PICED log, you will see exactly what PICED is sending to C-Gate. This should tell you what you need to know.

Darren, May 10, 2011
  3. Ingo

Ingo

I must be missing something, see below where I manually enter the commands required and what output it generates. Secondly I click the PICED button and then all the zones start to report. What is the difference between the two?

Ingo, May 10, 2011
  4. Ingo

Darren Senior Member

PICED is sending status request 2 then 1 very close together in time. The security panel seems to be handling them in the opposite order and sending reply 1 then 2. This may be due to the request messages being concatenated on C-Bus.

Try sending the requests very rapidly (milliseconds apart) or try sending status request 1 then 2 with a delay in between.

Darren, May 10, 2011
  5. Ingo

Ingo

Brilliant!!!! The sending of the commands with almost no delay inbetween does the trick.

Thanks

Ingo, May 10, 2011
Ask a Question