Fan control from a single button.

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by goggan, Aug 25, 2008.

1. goggan

goggan

My query relates to how to set up multiple functions on a single button; fan control is a specific case.

For example, the fans have 2 relay channels to each to access the four ceiling fan states:

Off (off, off)
    Low (on, off)
    Medium (off, on)
    High (on, on)

I want to be able to press a single button in sequence to set low, medium, high and off.

I have a PAC and a mixture of DLT KEYBL5, Saturn KEYB6 and simple SC KEY4's on the network.

I can see how to achieve two states from a switch using trigger controls and on/off, but I'm not as clear on how to achieve more than that; would I have to rely on a dimmer control and the user passing certain thresholds (e.g. 25%, 50%, 75%) to get the off/low/medium/high levels? While this may be OK with the DLTs, it's probably unintuitive from the switches without feedback.

Thanks,
    Glyn.

goggan, Aug 25, 2008
  2. goggan

Newman

Newman, Aug 25, 2008
  3. goggan

goggan

Cheers :)

I made the mistake of starting with a broad search for 'multiple functions single button' which yielded too many responses!

G

goggan, Aug 25, 2008
Ask a Question