Exporting V2 database to Toolkit...

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by MichaelCarey, Feb 9, 2005.

1. MichaelCarey

MichaelCarey

Hi Everybody,
    I have still to implement C-Bus Toolkit on my main C-Bus/Homegate etc. computer at home. This is mainly due to not having Toolkit compatible versions of HomeGate, CIRCA and C-Touch. Hopefully these aren't too far away.
    Anyhoo, I HAVE installed Toolkit on my laptop (with HomeGate beta) and have found it easy to use, very also very flexible.
    BUT, I have added some groups to my home C-Bus network using the V2 software and I want to know if there is an easy way to export/copy the files so I can import them to the Toolkit software on my laptop (rather than add them manually).
    Can this also be done the other way? Can I save my network in Toolkit in a format that the V2 software can use?? I hate being in this software limbo land where I can't make a complete transition from one generation of software to the next....
    Regards,
    Michael.
    PS I'm heading to Adelaide next week for the Tamika launch.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2005
    MichaelCarey, Feb 9, 2005
  2. MichaelCarey

Duncan

CTouch and Circa compatible versions arent very far away.. beta's are available already.

Toolkit provides Import/Export to/from V2. If you click on "C-Bus Projects" in the Treeview, you will see buttons for "Import Projects" and "Export Projects", these are the V2 Import/Export functions..

Look forward to seeing you at the Launch!

Duncan, Feb 9, 2005
  3. MichaelCarey

MichaelCarey

Hey cool, it works!
    Thanks for that.........

MichaelCarey, Feb 10, 2005
  4. MichaelCarey

ICS-GS

There is also an export function there as well

ICS-GS, Feb 10, 2005
Ask a Question