Error Opening vcredist_86.exe

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by AYELEC Electrical, Apr 20, 2020.

1. AYELEC Electrical

AYELEC Electrical

Hi all,

I've got Windows 10 x64 on a Microsoft Surface Book 2 and i'm unable to install toolkit 1.15.6. I'm running it as administrator, and i've also tried running it in compatibility mode with previous windows versions. I've also tried other versions of toolkit itself with no luck. It's OEM windows and the laptop is basically new so I doubt it's an OS issue.

During installation, setup gives me the message:
    "The following applications are required before setup can continue:
    Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable (4.0MB)
    Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (4.8MB)
    Download and install now?"

After clicking yes, I get the following error:
    "Error opening http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/d/9/dd9a82d0-52ef-40db-8dab-795376989c03/vcredist_x86.exe.
    The server returned status code 404."

I've installed C++ 2013 Redistributable x86 and x64, as well as C++ 2015 Redistributable x86 and C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable x64
    I've also installed .NET framework Version 0x80ea8 which from my research corresponds with version 4.8.

I'm at a loss as I believe i've tried everything. Is there a version of toolkit that doesn't try to force download vcredist-x86.exe from the microsoft site? When I follow that link manually, I also get a 404 (see below). Something definitely isn't right here.

"404 - File or directory not found.
    The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

Thanks
    Alex

AYELEC Electrical, Apr 20, 2020
  2. AYELEC Electrical

Conformist

Hey Alex
    Try grabbing the latest Toolkit version 1.15.7. I believe this update points to a new location for some files that Microsoft moved after the previous version of Toolkit was released.

Let us know if that works :)

Conformist, Apr 29, 2020
  3. AYELEC Electrical

AYELEC Electrical

Solved the issue! 1.15.7 installed no problems. Funnily enough despite the moved location I could still install 1.15.6 on an older laptop.

AYELEC Electrical, May 4, 2020
    Conformist likes this.
Ask a Question