Error message Code 911 "Can't open C-bus Network interface"

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by thteoh, Apr 27, 2007.

1. thteoh

thteoh

Hi All,

I had this problem recently with the C bus system. I try ping the C bus IP but only get back 1 out of four packets send or sometimes 2 out of 4. When trying to connect to the C bus using the dianostic software, it comes out with a CNI socket error and can't connect to the C bus IP address.

When running the C-gate application, error 911 will occur and sometimes it still works but not realiable.

I changed the CNI cable but still get the same error message. Any ideas?

Cheers
    TH

thteoh, Apr 27, 2007
  2. thteoh

Richo

No known issues with CNI like this. What is your ethernet topology? I imagine either you have a crook CNI or someting else is wrong with your ethernet setup.

Richo, Apr 27, 2007
  3. thteoh

In my experience, when weird things happen with pinging devices, it can sometimes be related to power being provided to the network card circuitry.

Most commonly on occasion is you are using a Laptop and a crossover cable, I have tried to program it with no success. Then I replace the crossover cable with a hub, program it as previously, and it worked fine. Running a Laptop off the battery may also exhibit similar symptoms.

Keeping this in mind, if you are using a desktop PC then like Richo said, it may be the network it?s self, a bad hub or CNI.

Age, May 3, 2007
Ask a Question