eDLT firmware update does nothing

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by theboyg, Jan 5, 2015.

1. theboyg

theboyg

I had a previous thread in another sub forum, but moving here now it is a pure Toolkit issue.

I've installed the latest Toolkit on Windows 7 x86, and the USB driver sees my eDLTs OK in device manager.

The "eDLT Upgrade Firmware" task at the top of toolkit tho produces no activity whatsoever. Are there any top tips for this? Have there been any updates? When they do, I'd like to know how this is supposed to work!

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2015
    theboyg, Jan 5, 2015
  2. theboyg

bmerrick

Hey theboyg,

Haven't seen that problem at all, you said 'sees my eDLTs OK'. Assume you are only attaching one at a time to the PC using a direct USB cable for update, that the eDLT is plugged into the C-Bus providing its power at the same time and that you can see the zip file for example C:\Clipsal\CBusToolkit\Firmware\eDLTFirmware\eDLTFirmware_1.x.x.zip in the window when you press Start Update?

As an aside, when updating the firmware I have found at times that if the eDLT already has a configuration on it, sometimes the update can set the foreground LCD colour to black which obviously makes the eDLT look bricked after the upgrade when it actually isn't. Just send a copy of the config back to it with the foreground colour changed to something obvious, like yellow and then set back to original choice eg Blue of White or whatever.

Brad

bmerrick, Jan 5, 2015
  3. theboyg

theboyg

Hi Brad

The eDLT was connected and configured and in-situ, apart from dangling out of the wall with a USB cable attached. No other USB devices connected to the laptop at the time.

Windows sees the eDLT as a device in Device Manager with no errors on Windows 7 x86

Toolkit is loaded and connected to the CBUS network with the current config.

There is no firewall - it was a fresh Windows install an hour before. The basics to get Toolkit up and running just for a firmware check.

When I click the menu item in Toolkit, nothing appears to happen at all on screen and no disk activity is shown. I see the ZIP file in the local drive.

theboyg, Jan 6, 2015
  4. theboyg

bmerrick

Hi theboyg,

Sounds all good to be working so I can't understand why you are not seeing the 'eDLT Firmware Updater' window after selection. It should open a new sub-window and has a task bar icon which is a crossed screwdriver and spanner.

Assume you installed Toolkit to all default locations? Also possibly try the next level back in Toolkit. One of the Clipsal techs is going to have to help you from there.

As another suggestion, the eDLTs are best to upgrade in bulk on a desk before you put them on the wall. You save a lot of time wandering around with a laptop by updating them all in one batch before they go on the walls.

Good luck with that,

Brad

bmerrick, Jan 6, 2015
  5. theboyg

theboyg

Will try a downlevel version. Everything was default, nothing installed that didn't need to be there (just thw wifi driver) on a plain W7 x86 install.

And I can't speak to the Clipsal tech team, the phone numbers don't work for me.

theboyg, Jan 6, 2015
  6. theboyg

bmerrick

Good luck with the other level of Toolkit.

Just noticed the top line of the C-Bus form has the following Clipsal Tech Support phone and email details. You don't say your location so don't know where you are ringing from, but one of those should suit your location. Also an email address.

Clipsal Integrated systems also have a Technical Support Call Centre. The Call Centre contact details are;

1300 722 247 ( tollfree within Australia )

+61 8 8345 9531 ( for international callers to Australia )

852 2484 4157 ( Northern Asia - HK )

603 7665 3555 ext 236 or 242 ( Southern Asia )

(011) 314 5200 ( South Africa )

0870 608 8 608 ( United Kingdom - Schneider Electric )

+1-888-778-2733 (United States - Square D)

http://www.squaredlightingcontrol.com/contactus.cfm

Email [email protected]

Call Centre operating hours for Australia are:
    7 AM - 6.30 PM, Monday-Friday, GMT +9.30 ( Adelaide, AUST )

Another post on the forum had:

1300 722 247
    08 8345 9531
    08 8161 0131

regards,

Brad

bmerrick, Jan 6, 2015
  7. theboyg

Roosta

Hi Guys,

You can manually fire up the eDLT updater (Although I am unsure whether this is recommended)..

Go to your toolkit installation location, eg C:\Program\Clipsal\Toolkit,
    Go to firmware
    Open the Firmware Updater.exe

Hope that helps..

PS current firmware is 1.3.0, to see which firmware your eDLT has go into the eDLT user menu (as long as its enabled), hold bottom button left and double click top right button.

Cheers..

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2015
    Roosta, Jan 7, 2015
  8. theboyg

theboyg

I downgraded to 1.13.1 and everything worked, and looks like I had the latest f/w. Is there a scheduled update for the eDLTs, a published roadmap, anything? There's plenty of scope for improvements.

theboyg, Jan 7, 2015
Ask a Question