eDLT disable

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by more-solutions, Feb 12, 2020.

1. more-solutions

more-solutions

What are my options for disabling an eDLT?

I've read through https://www.cbusforums.com/threads/edlt-disable.8403/ having come up with much the same solution myself, ie to use the Enable group to direct me to an unused page or standby.

The problem with the standby option is that I can't customise the display (really I want something along the lines of "switch disabled, contact security"). I can do that easily on a spare page, but then I can't stop the user selecting that page from the page button.

Am I missing something?

Also: What is the correct way to unlock the pages? The documentation tells you to use 1-4 or 254 to lock to pages but not how to unlock. If I set my enable group to 1 then page 1 is locked, and setting it to 0 (or 255) unlocks. But if I set to 254, 0 won't unlock. (I can indirectly unlock by forcing page 1 first.)

more-solutions, Feb 12, 2020
  2. more-solutions

more-solutions

I just discovered that 254 -> 1 -> 0 doesn't re-enable if the unit has timed out into standby. You need to manually wake it up (ie go to the device) to wake it up first.

more-solutions, Feb 12, 2020
Ask a Question