EDLT Disable

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jorr, Jun 10, 2015.

1. jorr

jorr

Hello All,

Is it at all possible to disable the EDLT keys, pretty much the same as DLT Switches.

Thanks

jorr, Jun 10, 2015
  2. jorr

NickD Moderator

From memory you can use an enable group to select a page(which locks it onto that page). I think you can use this to lock it onto the standby page, which effectively locks the keypad.

Nick

NickD, Jun 20, 2015
  3. jorr

Brendan Rogers

C-Bus eDLT home automation wall switch page lock support.

Hi jorr,

NickD is correct. The eDLT C-Bus wall switch can set set to lock to pages 1-4 or the standby page using a nominated Group Address on the Enable Control Application (#203), using the following preset levels:

Level 0 = unlock eDLT pages
    Level 1 = lock eDLT to page 1
    Level 2 = lock eDLT to page 2
    Level 3 = lock eDLT to page 3
    Level 4 = lock eDLT to page 4
    Level 254 = lock eDLT to Standby page

When the eDLT switch is locked to one of the user pages 1-4, it may still time-out to the Standby page (if enabled), but when it wakes it only shows that user page.

When the eDLT switch is locked to the Standby page, it stays on that Standby page after waking up, and does not access any of the use pages 1-4.

(The above applies for eDLT firmware 1.3.0)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2015
    Brendan Rogers, Jun 21, 2015
  4. jorr

Jessewright

Hi guys,

Im currently trying to use this aspect of the eDLT switch. The objective is to lock the eDLT to the standby page when a partition is open. I've created a Enable control group address "Partition C/S" and have set the value of the group to 254 to attempt to lock the eDLT to the standby page when the partition is open. I have a reed switch at the partition connected to the first channel of an auxiliary relay. I have set the Enable group address "Partition C/S" to this relay channel. I have then set the same Enable group "Partition C/S" to my eDLT page control option.

When I operate the reed switch no action on the eDLT! But the tool kit window shows that the auxiliary relay has set the group level to 255 (Any reason the relay is setting this to 255 instead of 254?). The only way I can seem to get the Enable group to have any effect on the eDLT is to go into the Enable group using tool kit and press the "Set Value" button which in turn locks the eDLT screen.

Can anyone possibly point me in the right direction to fix this?

Cheers,
    Jesse Wright

Jessewright, Jul 14, 2016
  5. jorr

Ashley

I'm assuming here you actually have the reed connected to an Auxiliary Input Unit and not really a relay :)

How is the input unit set up for channel 1? It sounds like it is set up with an ON/OFF or Bell Press function which would toggle the group between 0 and 255. You need to set a custom function with a short press as recall1 with recall 1 set to 254, then short release and long release set to Off.

Ashley, Jul 14, 2016
  6. jorr

Jessewright

Hi Ashley,

Spot on there! I do indeed have the reed connected to the auxiliary input. I have also got the function set at bell press currently but that certainly sounds like it'll fix my problem. I've delved into the Key functions TAB and have set my short press as Recall 1, the short release as an off key, the long press set to idle and the long release set to off key. Could you please explain how I would set the recall 1 to the value of 254? Bit lost with how to setup a custom function.

Cheers,
    Jesse Wright

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
    Jessewright, Jul 14, 2016
  7. jorr

Ashley

Click on the Blocks tab. Locate the block assigned to the key you are using (the tick mark under 'keys using block') and you will see the drop down list for recall 1.

Ashley, Jul 14, 2016
  8. jorr

Jessewright

Thanks for the reply Ashley,

I have played around with the blocks tab and found the recall levels are only in percentages. So I have followed a conversion table and found that there is not a percentage that falls on the 254 value. 100% being 255 and 99% being 252. The only setting that seems to work with locking the eDLT to any page is 1% (which works out to be 02) which sets the eDLT to page 2. Is there a way to set the value to a HEX value (FE) or a DEC value (254)? Or is percentages the only option? :confused: If it helps I have a Touch screen with logic on this CBUS system.

Thanks for your help,
    Jesse Wright

Jessewright, Jul 15, 2016
  9. jorr

NickD Moderator

Hmm.. Toolkit is being too "clever" here. I will raise an issue

You can get it to store a specific level by assigning a tag to that level (in the Application Tree view, click on the enable group and then "Add Value".

Then you need to set teh key function (temporarily) to "Preset" and click the "..." where you can specify the preset level and select the named level. It will still show as "100%" but under the hood it will be 254 (I just checked).

Then go back to the Key Functions tab and set the microfunctions back to Recall1, OffKey, Idle, OffKey

Hope this helps.

Nick

NickD, Jul 15, 2016
  10. jorr

Roosta

Any reason you chose 254 instead of 255 (on) when the partion is open?

An auxilary input model can only see open or closed so setting it to on/off mode of your group address seems the less complicated method?

Roosta, Jul 15, 2016
  11. jorr

Ashley

As far as I am aware you can't change the lock screen values on the eDLT. To lock the standby page you have to set the Enable group to 254.

If Nick's work around seems a bit confusing (it's clever though :) ), you could just write some simple logic in the touchscreen to convert 255 to 254.

Ashley, Jul 15, 2016
  12. jorr

Jessewright

Thanks for the help everyone.

I've set it up using your method Nick and it works to lock the screen to the standby page of the eDLT when the partition is open :), but I can not seem to tweak the settings on the auxiliary input to have the eDLT regaining access to all pages when partition is closed again.

I thought it would work if I set the recall2 preset value to "0" and changed the Key functions to Short press Recall1, Short release Recall2, Long press Recall1, Long release Recall2.

Am I correct in thinking that the recall preset level should be set to the value of "0" to allow full page access on the eDLT? I can see on toolkit in the "application tree" that the enable groups value are indeed changing to my preset values when the partition is open and then closed, but the "0" level does not seem to be unlocking the pages of the eDLT. :confused:

If I can not use the "0" value to unlock all pages is there a value I can use to unlock pages 1+2+3?

Cheers!
    Jesse Wright

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2016
    Jessewright, Jul 19, 2016
Ask a Question