EDLT 1 button bell press with 2 groups

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Dvine, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Dvine

Dvine

Hi all :)

Its a bit more tricky than the tittle suggests.

So I'm wanting to control an amps volume from the clients EDLT. There is a control system on top (Push Controls) doing all the A.V side of things as well as the lighting.

To get C-Bus to trigger the A.V connected to Push you need to create a group address and when it changes status the Push is programmed to run a desired command.

The tricky one is the volume. I need two group address eg 001 to be the volume up and 002 to be the volume down. The group needs to turn off after its been turned on straight away so its a bell press type.

I'm wanting to try and get the EDLT to work the volume so its just on the one button. For that to work it would need to be so that pressing and releasing the rocker button to the right would be a bell press for group 001 and pressing the same rocker button but to the left would bell press group 002. So its doing the volume the same way the MRA volume is done on an Edlt

Can this be done? I do have a Logic enabled touchscreen to work with.

Dvine, Sep 2, 2016
  2. Dvine

Dvine

Don't fret people :p ... I've manage to achieve It.

Created a dummy group "Volume Dummy" and assigned that to an edlt switch and set the function to "Off/Preset 1" with the Preset being 100%.

And the small amount of code running in the background:

Code:
    once (GetLightingLevel("Volume Dummy") = 100%) then
    begin
      PulseCBusLevel("Local Dunn", "Lighting", "Volume Up", 100%, 0, "0:00:00", 0%);

SetLightingLevel("Volume Dummy", 50%, "0s");
    end;

once (GetLightingLevel("Volume Dummy") = 0%) then
    begin
      PulseCBusLevel("Local Dunn", "Lighting", "Volume Down", 100%, 0, "0:00:00", 0%);

SetLightingLevel("Volume Dummy", 50%, "0s");

end;
    I haven't tested this when the network is loaded up so hopefully it still works decent.

Dvine, Sep 5, 2016
  3. Dvine

eha002

Im going to see your bet and raise you....

Question is similar.

E-dlt, 1 button 2 groups But!..
    2 bell presses.
    Press and hold on left button, channel 1 on, release, channel 1 off
    Press and hold on Right button, channel 2 on, release, channel 2 off

If anyone has any ideas,
    Your way of doing it via logic should work fine. It will just have about a 500ms delay while touchscreen processes the logic and the push actions the macro

eha002, Sep 28, 2016
Ask a Question