Easy way to change groups?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by NickLocke, Feb 27, 2005.

1. NickLocke

NickLocke

When I did my install, I decided to call my first output unit "A", the second "B" then "C" and "D". The groups on each were then A1, A2, etc. This made for neat labelling and meant that from the group id, you could immediately see which unit was driving it.

This meant of course that the first unit had addresses starting at 161 (Hex A1), the second 177 (hex B1) and so on. It all works just fine.

BUT I have just discovered that Comfort can only see the status of the first 127 CBus addresses. Hence I want to renumber my groups (perhaps starting at 11, 31, 51 and 71). Toolkit (unsurprisingly) does not seem to allow changes to the group numbers.

I could add new groups and then delete the old ones. but suspect there must be an easier way?

All ideas welcome, thanks in advance.

Nick

NickLocke, Feb 27, 2005
  2. NickLocke

Duncan

Nick,

The only way would be to hand-edit the XML file that represented your project.. might be faster to recreate the groups though..

Duncan, Feb 27, 2005
Ask a Question