Dual Action Required

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Caesar, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Caesar

Caesar

Is it possible to program a single key input to switch a group address OFF and switch another group address ON consecutively, every time the key is pressed?

If not, any suggestion on how to do this otherwise.

Thanks

Caesar, Oct 28, 2004
  2. Caesar

PSC

Yeh, use Minder... Oppps there's that word again!

PSC, Oct 28, 2004
  3. Caesar

ashleigh Moderator

You should be able to do this without Minder.

Set up a key unit with 1 key linked to 2 blocks.

Set each of the blocks with the groups you want to control.

Set the key function to (say) RECALL1.

Set the level store / recal value for the first block to 0, and the second block to 100%.

ashleigh, Oct 29, 2004
  4. Caesar

Caesar

Thanks. I'll try this.

Caesar, Oct 29, 2004
  5. Caesar

UncleDick

Do you want these two lights that will work alternatly to always act that way with no other control from any other input?.

Are you trying to attempt this on a 1 key, 2key etc plate and if a 2+ key plate do you have any spare keys that you will not be using?

If so there may be away a way of doing it.

UncleDick, Oct 29, 2004
  6. Caesar

Caesar

Uncle Dick

I have posted this before on another forum, but I have not really been convinced by the response. I am trying to implement a kill-all button (by ramping down relays and dimmers with the same group address) but at the same time turn back ON a conventional garage sensor/light connected to a relay channel (on a 12-channel relay), otherwise the sensor/light will cease to function as it is not controlled from any other input.

The input plate is next to bed and has two keys but one of them is programmed to control the light in the bedroom.

I hope this is clearer.

Caesar, Oct 29, 2004
  7. Caesar

UncleDick

OK I saw that thread, you are using an Area Address to turn the relay/dimmer channels off?

UncleDick, Oct 29, 2004
  8. Caesar

Caesar

Yes I am. I am not really convinced that I should change the sensor with a C-Bus sensor and a separate flood light or introduce anther relay to the C-Bus installation.

Caesar, Oct 29, 2004
  9. Caesar

Wilko

You could save yourself a headache and just take your sensor light off C-Bus altogether... after all, it takes care of it's own on/off switching and timing.

Wilko, Oct 29, 2004
  10. Caesar

Caesar

Peter, I am starting to think this way too. I initially thought that controlling the sensor from C-Bus was useful. I am just going to wait to see if Uncle Dick has an elegant solution for this problem before I go ahead.

Caesar, Oct 29, 2004
  11. Caesar

ashleigh Moderator

If you use my earlier suggestion it might not do what you want becuase you need a time delay before turning one of the groups back on.... (and you had not explained that one of the groups is actually an area).

Then again the key unit processes the blocks in sequence, so if you put the RECALL (of off) command on the low numbered block and the RECALL (of ON) on the higher numbered block there is a good chance it will work!

Try it...

ashleigh, Oct 29, 2004
  12. Caesar

Caesar

Thanks Ashleigh. I will try it tonight. Will let you know how this goes on Monday.

Caesar, Oct 29, 2004
  13. Caesar

UncleDick

Ramping is the fly in the ointment my germ of an idea will require the use of the Toggle command

UncleDick, Oct 31, 2004
  14. Caesar

Don

try a timer

Timers can be used for all sorts of things in wired C-Bus, and this might be a good candidate for a solution. If you program the single key with rampoff or recall with a stored level of 0 as the 'just pressed' function, then set the "short release" function to be 'start'. The key should be selected to affect two groups in the key/block allocation table, and the group that you want to stay off should have either 'rampoff' as the timer expiry command (or recall 0), and the other group (the one you want to be left on) can have 'recall' as the expiry function, with the level recalled to be set to 100%. The timer can be set to 1 or 2 seconds. I haven't tried this exactly, but it should work.

Don, Nov 8, 2004
  15. Caesar

Caesar

Thanks Don. I'll try this today.

Caesar, Nov 8, 2004
Ask a Question