Does opening/closing/syncing networks ever affect lighting?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by more-solutions, Jun 3, 2019.

1. more-solutions

more-solutions

We have a network which is frequently going into error, the cause of which we are still investigating.

We can almost always recover the network by closing and re-opening it, followed by a SYNC. (We have remote access to C-Gate so usually issue the commands via telnet rather than through Toolkit, if relevant.)

My understanding is that once a command has been sent (with retries if needed) it is "forgotten", so close/open/sync would and could never result in C-Gate sending control messages to the network that would control lighting. Is this correct? The network is in a sensitive location and it's important that we don't ever accidentally make any lighting changes by issuing those commands.

Supplementary question: If SYNC command fails initially ("120-Net Sync: Network Sync PCI reset failed.", "120-Net Sync: The network cannot be reached.") but works fine after CLOSE/OPEN, what does that indicate?

more-solutions, Jun 3, 2019
  2. more-solutions

more-solutions

Sorry, intended to post this in the C-Gate/TK forum but I can't move it (or delete this one if I create a new one there). Can admin move it?

more-solutions, Jun 3, 2019
    Ian likes this.
Ask a Question