Documentation

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Dave Byron, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

Whats planned for the documention output from v3 ??
    If i may offer some suggestions this is what i produce with excel macros from v2
    and works well with the guys in the field.

1 works well as the field guys can write on it with an old nail and paint then i can update the project manager.

2 shows a whole of project view which good to check such things as dimmers configured and no switch, multiple dimmer connection etc
    has saved hours on new jobs.

dave

Dave Byron, Nov 2, 2004
  2. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

V3 output

the unit number are not correct - they appear to be just line counts

Dave Byron, Nov 2, 2004
  3. Dave Byron

Duncan

Hi Dave,

That will be of course be fixed before release :)

Our plans for documentation for Toolkit are to provide a basic framework that any one can extend to meet their own needs. It seems everyone we talk to has a range of great ideas on the documentation they'd like to see.. but we'd be working well into next year if we tried to accomodate all those requirements.

Because the Project Databases are XML files there is a technique known as XSLT that we plan to use to generate some basic reports. That same technique is what we're encouraging users to use to generate documentation that suits their own requirements or business processes.

Via the forums we're going to be sharing a range of XSLT documents and encouraging our user base to share their own.

Daniel wrote a neat little beginners guides to using XSLT to transform the project databases here

Duncan, Nov 2, 2004
Ask a Question