DLT Programming Problems

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by dimmerguy, Jan 30, 2005.

1. dimmerguy

dimmerguy

I have encountered a couple of problems in programming DLT panels.

1. There seems to be an issue when using trigger level 255 to trigger a scene. In particular I seem to be unable to access the labelling against this trigger level.

2. When setting a button to control more that one group address, there appears no way of designating which group address the LED or label applies to, within the DLT GUI. The only way I have found is to designate single groups to each button, according to the labelling required, then save the labelling to the units via Edit Languages, then return to each unit and reassign the additional group addresses required for each button. Is there any reason why the LED (and hence labelling) assignment cannot be added to the Blocks tab as with all other panels?

dimmerguy, Jan 30, 2005
  2. dimmerguy

Mark

Hi dimmerguy,

An action selector of 255 is currently represented in Toolkit as '< Unused >'.
    As a quick fix this can be labelled via the Applications/Trigger Control/Trigger Groups/ActionSelectors node of the Tree View.
    It's not pretty, i'll see what we can do in the future.

DLT does not allow the user to select the indicator assignment like a NEO. We had to fit all the other cool stuff somewhere... :D
    Indicators are automatically assigned to the 1-1 block if it is selected (ie. Button 3 indicator will be assigned to Block 3 if Block 3 is selected). If the 1-1 block is not selected the indicator will be assigned to the lowest selected block.

Buttons also accept labels on the lowest selected block.

Hope this helps & Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers,
    Mark.

Mark, Jan 30, 2005
  3. dimmerguy

dimmerguy

Hi Mark,

I have already given action selector 255 a name but I still cannot get the DLT unit to accept it as a label. Perhaps you could let me know the full procedure to use. As 255 represents 100% it is one of the most commonly used action selectors.

dimmerguy, Jan 31, 2005
  4. dimmerguy

claude

Does this mean that if complementary buttons (eg 'on up' and 'off down') are selected the DLT label will be the same for both buttons :eek:

And I assume that if the scene modify feature was used it would take on the label of the scene trigger group :eek: :eek:

Is it possible to allow the labelling of keys to be independant of group addresses? This will give total flexibility.

claude, Jan 31, 2005
  5. dimmerguy

Newman

Claude

Yes, that is correct because the label is applied to the Group Address.

Yep, you assume correctly.

It would be possible, it's just more software and the software team is working at full-tilt as it is.

Newman, Jan 31, 2005
  6. dimmerguy

Don

It's notr as bad as it looks

The labels in the DLT stick to the keys. If you want to label a particular unit with different labels for the same group ("lounge on" and "lounge off"), you could give the keys different groups, then assign the labels, then set up the functionality you want out of the unit. Of course, this breaks the "dynamic labelling" concept, so that when you want to change labels, you have to do each unit on its own instead of as a broadcast.

The DLT firmware has features to allow more versatile labelling in future, so as Andrew says, just wait until the software team has a chance for a breath of air and you will see some more developments in this area which should allow you to do exactly what you want without any fancy footwork.

Scene modify groups use a different label command to scene groups, so if you are forced to use the same label for each at present, this can be expanded on in future. You can still use the above technique if you want to force any particular label for scenes.

Don

Don, Feb 1, 2005
Ask a Question